Chapter 13

After a tiring and exhausting early talk with Miss Kwan, whom as always made your life difficult with one hundred questions of why were you asking to change shifts and why did you thought that was possible, and how weren't you ashamed of asking something like this of her without a hint of fear on your face about losing your job, and so on and so forth, you had finally managed to get her approval and had left the hotel in a hurry, in  order to be in time at the filming set.

The taxi driver which you had ushered to get you out of Seoul as fast as possible, had tried his best and had managed to bring you on time, despite the sick feeling that had started to get over your stomach after all those curves and the speedy movements.

You had stepped out of the vehicle, happy to be feeling the fresh air which at the moment was needed and then you had wondered around till you found the set or a part of it as the first thing you had approached was this white van that was surrounded by many people.

At the beginning you had tried to take a deep breath and just ask around for the whereabouts of the actor or DongMin but as soon as you stepped  closer, a familiar figure stepped out of the van, fixing someone's nose on the go before she suddenly turned your way, and froze on her place, the way you had for a second.

Ryun Bora

You surely hadn't seen her in years and her sudden presence took you aback but also messed up your emotions, reminding you of good times as well as hurtful ones.

"Y/N...how come..you here?" She spoke up as she kept looking at you with her wide eyes while you soon left your displeasure show on your face.

"I have some business around. What about you?" You responded and she smiled as she approached more towards you.

"I have some years i have been working here. I got my dream job." She relied while giving you a glance that indicated that her last words were deliberately said to be making you feel bad.

"What about you? Still trying?" She added and glared at her while mentally you reminded yourself to keep calm.

"Yes, I am still trying and i will succeed." Your confident response made her laugh a bit and the familiar sound of her laughter felt like poison in your veins.

Whom would have thought that a day where you would hate seeing her laugh would come? When there were days that you would put so much efforts to make her smile and feel better. Where there existed nights that you would lose sleep worrying about her. She was your best friend after all. That is till you found out her secret that was non other but the fact that she was sleeping with your boyfriend.

Your ability to be at the wrong place at the wrong moment, had never been more of a dilemma  than that day,as you felt it as much as a curse, as it was a blessing. Because you had found out what was going on behind your back and whom really were those people whom you cared for that much and thought that they had your back.

"Stubborn as always. I am surprised really. I thought after your mother's death you-"

"Don't speak about her." You cut her sentence firmly as you felt the anger rising inside you at the fact and only that she had brought that up.

"Calm down Y/N. I just wanted to say that she would have been proud of you for not giving up. Despite what your father-" Bora went on , probably purposely doing so to irritate you and truth was that she had succeeded as you raised your voice a bit at her telling her to shut up.

"Oh Y/N, why are you being like this?  So many years have passed by. Why are you so stuck up?" She questioned and at that moment you felt your brain freeze, before it traveled back to a memory. To a night that you were to never forget when you had first heard those words slipping out of his mouth so shamelessly.

"Maybe your father was right. Leaving you sure must have save him of so much trouble." Her words reached your ears while your mind was still hazy and without you even realizing , you had found your body acting up on its own, landing a punch on her.

Truth was that you were surprised with your own self at that instant that your action got registered in your head and you saw her on the floor, while some other people rushed to her aid.

"Just what are you doing? Are you crazy?" One guy that was unknown to you, yelled at you before he turned around and called for security while you just gulped harshly and straightened your posture, mentally preparing yourself to face whatever consequences that you actions were to bring, because it was simply fair to do so.

You couldn't take back your action after all,nor you were willing to apologize or plead for anyone's forgiveness. And she surely wasn't someone that should be playing with you because you could do her much more damage that she knew you could.

Surely she wouldn't have dared to even meet eyes with you, is she was to doubt even for a second your human nature and thing that you might expose her secrets and dirty deeds which you knew off and others which she wasn't aware that you had gotten to know off. But truth was that she knew you too well and as such she knew that you wouldn't be able to do harm to her or anyone in anyway and that must be the reason that she was so confident and daring while speaking to you.

However she was fooling herself if she was to think that you wouldn't stand up for yourself if needed, in any way you could. Especially against her, towards whom surely you had no desire whatsoever to feel even slightly bad.

" You seriously are out of your mind." She told you between greeted teeth as she stood up with the help of the others and you smiled at her before agreeing with her.

"I sure am. So you better be careful." You left your warning in full satisfaction till you turned around and noticed the presence of Park Jimin, whom seemed quiet surprised with the scene you had just caused.

You froze in place as you couldn't help but panic inside, questioning if this scene had created a bad impression of you on him that could make him decline having you as a trainy under his supervision. Opposite to your thoughts however, he came closer and started bowing to the people around and even Bora, to whom he humbly apologized in your stead.

"This lady is my responsibility. I am terribly sorry for any trouble that she may have caused. Please forgive her and this incident as I assure you that it won't happen again." His words echoed in your ears as you stood there watching him in shock.

No one had ever done such a thing for you except your mother. No one had taken your side nor had willingly taken blame to cover you. No one had ever made you feel thankful and guilty simultaneously as you surprisingly felt at that very instant,towards that actor whom was still pretty much a stranger.

---To be continued....