Chapter 80

Hope dies last, they say and that will always be correct. Because you either meet death while being filled with hopes inside you and it dies along with you, or your hope dies and you choose to meet death for without it, there's no reason to continue existing.

Hope dies last, yet that doesn't mean that hope is more substantial than anything else. All it means is that it remains till the last station of someone's life, that being its end or the end of that life itself. Have you ever wondered, how many people live in that thin line? In that border, between life and death, simply because a faint stupid hope still flickers inside them?

To some it could be considered as a blessing for it keeps you on one side, alive yet for others it's nothing but torture for the exact same reason. Hope is hated as much as it's loved, it's desired as much as it's not. It's wanted yet detested, for hope can keep you moving on your feet, but could also keep you miserable in waiting potentially till your last breath, only to let you down with reality.

It's a big maybe, that saves lives as much as it ruins them, the difference is only time. Which face you will see of hope, depends only on reality because that's the one that uses your hopes to raise you up, or break your spirits forever. The only thing that can prove if your hope was real or nothing but a mare lie. A reality that no matter how much Jimin would like to ignore and boost his hopes with his potential lies, there still existed moments when he would fall out of that bubble of his, and feel the pain of his actuality.

Jin was his best friend and someone who was considered close family, he had always shown him that he loved him one way or another yet at that very moment, when Jin was hugging his girlfriend, trying to calm her down, he understood that for Jin there existed moment's that he must regret being related to him. For just like Jiya had uttered some seconds prior, he was the only flaw in Jin's life. Without the burden that he was, Jin could be considered a perfect catch for any lady out there and she had been the only one that had accepted his burden as her own, allowing Jimin's problems to basically become worries for them both and even have a spotlight in their relationship.

The guilt tripped inside Jimin's chest as he stood there, unable to look away even though he wanted to erase himself from existence right then and there, for being aware that he was the cause of pain to someone he loved, sure made him ache in ways his mouth could never master to express.

Why did he have to be like this? Why did he have to be the problem? Why the more he exists the more that fact seems like a sin in his eyes? How many people would be better if he was to just end this act and allow himself to face things as they were? If he was to stop lying to himself to hang on and accept that in reality there was no hope. There was no change waiting for him in the future and nothing was gonna become better. He is just fooling himself by giving excuses one after another. Lying to keep himself with hopes. One day someone will love him as he is, one day, he won't be a burden to someone or himself, one day he won't be a monster anymore, one day he will reach happiness. One day, someday...it could be any day, yet there were moments that such days felt so out of reach. So far away that the lie trembled before his eyes. 

It's all just a mirage. His hopes are...His future, his will to be loved and to love.

As the seconds ticked, his mind kept falling into the claws of this dark veil of thoughts that had made his breathing fall faint and his eyes stuck in place, along with the rest of his body that unexpectedly was pulled by a hand, making his view change and his mind snap out of it momentarily.

A sharp breath left his lips as he was met with your face and your hand quickly reached to his lips, to signal him to keep quiet, before you urged him to follow you to his office where you had been hiding and had listened to what had been spoken, making you realize that the words Jin's girlfriend had used, could potentially leave a bad taste to Jimin so you decided to take him out of there after you took a peek and deemed the situation as something that the couple needed to figure out alone.