Chapter 46

DongMin and Jin had driven you and Jimin to your apartment and had made sure to transport him to your bed, without falling to anyone's attention, an action that proved easier under the cover of the dark and the lack of people around this early morning hour.

The two had provided you with any medical things you may need for him when he is to wake up from his sleep and regain his consciousness which will also gift him again the awareness of the pain he must be in. Despite the fact that the doctor had reassured you that his ribs were not crucially damaged, he still demanded rest for him and the elimination of abrupt and straining physical movement for some days. All you had to do was let him stay in your house for a week or so that his break will be and feed him, all the rest was up to DongMin and Jin as they had assured you that they would come in a blink of an eye if you were to call them.

After they had left their reassuring words and Jimin's clothes that Jin had packed in a bag, they had proceeded to take their leave before the sunrise and you were left in your apartment alone as you mostly are in there, yet somehow because you were aware that someone else was at the bedroom, you couldn't help but be slightly nervous.

You may have not said anything to them but you definitely saw this as a big responsibility to take, because not only you had to take care of a physically wounded person but also someone whose mind you didn't know yet. Or better said, someone whose mind could not be trusted by you as much as he himself could not trust it. You surely wanted to help him however and that was mostly the only reason that you did not decline this.

Why does it seem that I am just getting myself more and more tangled in things that I should not be involved with? I should have slept instead of all this, to not mention I have work to go to in the evening and I have not managed to write anything yet for today and...aaahhhh my life seriously!

You complained to yourself inwardly right before messing your hair and letting your body plop on your small couch that left your legs wiggling on air by the end of the couch then you just stayed there, staring at the ceiling for a bit till your alarm went off on your phone, signalizing that the time was 5 in the morning. An hour which you used to go to shower before attending your morning shift which you had replaced now but obviously forgot to do the same with the alarm too.

"Okay, okay...this is not so bad...I still have a whole day before me so I can manage to write and compensate for yesterday and put aside two hours of sleep...Jimin won't need me in anything I guess." You murmured to yourself before you pushed yourself up and walked to the door of your bedroom which was basically visible from the living room since you lived in a small apartment.

You slowly put your hand on the knob and opened the door, wanting to check if he was still sleeping so you could rest assured and go on with your writing but once he fell to your sight, you noticed that he seemed covered in sweat so you entered inside and approached him. "Hey...are you okay?" You whispered but he did not reply, thing that let you know that he was still sleeping despite how his face seemed to be morphing in painful expressions.

"A guess the painkiller the doctor gave him is wearing off."You concluded as you walked to your closet and grabbed a small towel from it and used it to clean the sweat off his forehead at first before travelling to his neck as gently and slowly as you could. 

You were focused on your task and even lifted his shirt a bit so you could shove your hand on and dry his chest area a bit better, thinking of nothing as you were doing so, till a soft moan left his lips and echoed around the room, making you freeze completely for a second before you turned to look his way, only to see him still with his eyes closed, and his lips slightly parted.

Of course, that must have been just an exclaim of pain that happened to escape his lips at the wrong moment but it surely made you uncomfortable and made you retrieve your hands quickly, now thinking of your actions a bit more than you did before. Thing that made you facepalm yourself out of embarrassment and in an attempt to stop your thought process from going south.