Chapter 19

Looking upon this city someone could say that people never sleep yet in this early hour that you had finished your shift and you were getting home, it seemed to you like you were the only one that doesn't seem to sleep.

The streets were way quieter at four fifteen am and even the wind felt as if it had approached you personally in order to keep you company while walking on the sidewalk.

For a while, you took your steps with an empty head and a body that was working on automatic pilot with its only destination, your house as you barely had three hours time before you needed to leave and go to meet with Jimin on the set.

However, as minutes ticked away, your mind didn't fail to get you thinking about Ray and the things he had admitted to you.

The fact that there was someone out there that needed Jimin to get into some kind of scandal sure was very intriguing as well as challenging because you were feeling like you had happened to fall into a mystery that you wanted to resolve.

Of course, finding a solution won't be that easy mostly because you have nowhere to start from. Ray had sent you the address which had contacted him online and from the quick look, you had given to that account -while on working hours- it proved to be non-existent. Whoever had it had surely deleted it but of course, that wasn't something to be surprised over.

Feeling a bit frustrated over the fact, you got your phone out of your pocket and started doing some search regarding articles that could contain any information which could possibly lead you to someone with which Jimin may have had a collision or some kind of debate that may have left the involved people in bad terms.

Unfortunately for you, however, you didn't have the chance to open any site as someone crashed onto your arm, bringing your phone to almost slip out of your grasp.

You looked at your phone as you had managed to save it from crashing on the floor with wide eyes, an exhale of fear having escaped from your mouth as you had basically seen your life flashing before your eyes at that moment.

My phone. My precious phone. Oh, God.

You thought feeling a bit relieved but your relief got exchanged into anger quickly as you turned around and saw that the man that had bumped into you did not even bother to apologize.

"Hey! What kind of behavior-" You were ready to tell him off as you made some steps towards him but then, he turned to the side signaling a taxi that was passing by to stop and once you saw his face, you couldn't help but freeze.

The unknown man from the elevator was standing at some feet distance oblivious to your presence or your knowledge. The man that had placed the camera in that room and seemed to have had an intimate relationship with Mrs. Yoon, the man who could potentially lead you to an answer if only you could find out a bit more about him.

That man coincidentally appeared before your eyes and was also escaping from your eyes as he entered the taxi that stopped for him and passed by without sparing a glance.

You panicked as you saw him go and hurried to the side, hoping for a taxi to arrive and to your luck so it happened, enabling you to stop it, get on it and hurriedly tell the driver to follow the taxi ahead.

A choice that may have not been exactly the wisest as you had three hours to rest and which now were going to get wasting in following a stranger but rest was something that didn't even cross your mind at that moment.

Your mind was full of ifs, of possibilities, and hope that could possibly get you somewhere. Even if you were to just get to know his name, it would be enough.

However after a while that the vehicle came to a stop and you stepped out of it, you came face to face with something more than his name.

A name, way bigger than he could possibly be as you were standing before a building of a well-known entertainment company.