Chapter 21

SeokJin was focused on his work, his orbs traveling among letters that had filled the papers that he was holding on one hand while his pen rested on the other, waiting for the moment when he will have to put his sign.

A sign of annoyance left his lips once his eyes read a specific sentence which he didn't like soon making him throw his pen on the desk and scramble the letter in his fist without a second thought. 'Trash' He thought and continued to throw that paper where it belonged.

"Hey, Babe!" A voice disturbed his displeasing thought and got him looking towards the door, from where his girlfriend had just entered, with a smile and positivity that instantly rubbed on him, making him smile widely.

"Jiya! How come you didn't tell me you were coming over?" He asked her as he stood from his chair and approached her, soon taking her in his embrace where she stayed a bit resting her head on his comfortable shoulder before pulling back to meet his eyes.

"I wanted to surprise you. I brought you food." She replied showing him the bag she has been carrying in her right hand and Jin just smirked before giving her a quick peck on her lips then let her go.

"Is it chicken?" He asked as he took the bag from her and Jiya nodded only to see his eyes sparkle more and him eagerly touring around to rest the bag on his desk and open it.

"Guessing from your reaction, you must have not eaten anything today. Again." She gave him a scolded look as she knew that she had guessed right from the slight smile Jin gave her and the small apology that he muttered.

"You seriously need to take better care of yourself. Unfortunately, I can't be with you all the time, so, please-"

"I know, I know. My bad, it won't happen again. We both know I love food after all." Jin cut her off stating something that was a fact but his words only reminded her of the reason he would forget to eat whenever he did.

"You worried over Jimin again, aren't you? You forget to breathe from worry whenever something happens with him." Jiya stated while she took a seat at the chair opposite his.

"I am the only one he has. I can't help but get worried. The situation is not easy to manage you know and ...I am always uncertain...What if..." Jin's hand halted over the package and his eyes looked at his girlfriend with worry, from his mouth escaping some of his fearful thoughts that he has kept to himself but since it's her, he felt as if he could speak of them and much more.

"Hey, hey. Exactly because you are the only one that he has, you have to have your thoughts together. I know it's not easy, I am his psychotherapist but I did all I could to help and I want you to know that you are doing all you can too." She took hold of his hand as she stared at his eyes, feeling his insecurities and pain related to the subject.

Jin as Jimin's cousin and someone older always felt responsible for him and always tried to take care of him the best he could, however, no matter how much you love someone and want their best, you can't protect them from pain. Even if it was to hurt you seeing them suffer and it would make you feel worthless because all you could be is a bystander, sometimes, you just can't stop what's meant for someone to go through.

"I know it's not always easy on you, but unfortunately we have to be stable for him. However, if you ever feel like you need someone to let yourself loose up with, you do know where I live." She joked lightly as she gifted him a smile and Jin looked at her with eyes of adoration, feeling happy that she had such a good person by his side.

"How could I not know. I have slept in that house. We have kissed on your couch and on your bedroom we-" His words got interrupted by a chicken wing that she grabbed and shoved in his mouth to make him stop the embarrassing words that he was about to say.