Chapter 66

Like a sheep standing at the door of a wolf's house, you would appear in someone's view, if someone was to know of the true reasons that you had ended up standing before this huge gate, with Jungkook by your side who was nothing but a mare stranger to you.

He slide down the window of his car and scanned a card that opened the gate for you and let you through. As the vehicle drove further inside, however, you contradicted that previous thought of yours for you were no sheep. All you were was a fox discussed as one for you weren't planning to get out of this place, without having something big at hand.

This was the biggest opening you had ever had so far and as such, you had decided to make the most of it, even though you were sleep-deprived and you dozed off at least twice while on the road there. Even Jungkook had taken notice of your condition and had stopped by so you could grab a coffee to wake you up a bit more.

Usually, you wouldn't have been like this for when working you were on the move and getting sleepy wouldn't last enough for your eyelids to close for long, but after you had exited that shop he dropped you at to buy a dress and returned to his cosy and warm car, the ambient had stared getting to you.

"Stay as close to me as possible all the time and no matter what, don't leave me alone with that woman." He clarified once more as he brought the vehicle to a halt before a man that you guessed to be the valet, judging from his clothes.

Jungkook stepped out of the car first and tossed to the young man his keys then walked and opened the door for you, which you had waited for him to do, just because you had guessed that he would like to appear caring or something.

"This may sound a bit weird to ask but...how much do you pay your manager for him to be having such a house?" You whispered at him as soon as you stepped out of the car and he proceeded to close the door behind you, before placing your hand on his arm and looking your way.

"Obviously his money income doesn't rely only on his work with me. He usually says that he won this house at a lottery action. I never really believed him though." He spoke lowly as you walked further together, the door before you getting opened by some maids that were standing at each side of it.

"I don't to be the one to break it to you but he doesn't seem reliable to me. Isn't someone' manager supposed to be trusted?" You plastered a smile on your face and slipped those words under your teeth for after the door had opened, you were presented with some other worker that welcomed you and as thus you both bowed to him, before following him to whatever room he was guiding you.

"I have tried changing my manager many times with no success. My company's Ceo favours him way too much."

"And you never wondered why?" You raised your eyebrow at him for if it was you, you wouldn't have rested till you were to find what was the reason his boss favours that person so much, for obviously there had to be a reason and a very strong one at that.

"Of course I did. But I never managed to figure why no matter what I tried." Jungkook admitted and you couldn't help but smirk for you thought that tonight sure was his lucky night for he had brought you along. 

My powers better shine tonight.

You thought right before the sound of music started reaching to your ears and as the realization hit that you were approaching more and more to the room - which you imagined to be full of people- you composed yourself and straightened your posture, leaving the momentary feeling of anxiety creep inside you.

Once the worker pushed that door open, however, and the sound of music and chatters splashed against you like a huge wave, you found your anxiety washing away and in its stead settling a simple feeling of disorientation.