Chapter 26

Observing could be considered as something easy to do and by any means it was not tiring or required many efforts yet here DongMin was, flinching every now and then as if he was the one getting punched.

He had witnessed plenty of fight scenes in his life as in the field that he was in, it was common but none seemed as cruel as this one that Jimin was shooting right that instant.  Maybe it hurt him more this time around cause he was being beaten for real, after the director kept constantly cutting the shooting of this scene, again and again, saying that his acting was not convincing enough. Words that everyone that had eyes and was watching could tell were not true but since the morning that he and Jimin got late to arrive at the shoot, he had been more than angered with him.

The director didn't let his chance go from making Jimin pay and that was evident and cruel to all as just like DongMin, others seemed to be flinching and looking away every time Jimin was to be punched or kicked, acting live every scene that was written in that damned script.

He was feeling sorry for his friend but Jimin didn't seem bothered, actually he barely looked his way, as always emerged in his role perfectly. It was fascinating that he managed to deliver the lines perfectly despite having been injured for real but DongMin did not expect anything less from him. He was always a professional, unlike this film director that was known for his temper issues and most actors and actresses in the field hated him with passion. Unfortunately, though he was the best at his job and that was the only reason that this script was on his hands.

He may use many unorthodox methods to bring out of his actors what he needed for the scene but in the end, he always gets the best outcome. An outcome that Jimin was capable of giving to him without the need of all these as he was excellent and he proved it daily yet here he was, withstanding this just for the sake of some hours belatedness that he dared to do.

It was a bit unreal to DongMin that the director was really doing this to Jimin as he had claimed of having much respect and being very happy to work with the actor. Sure, everyone says those typical words in this field but Jimin had claimed to trust in him when he had accepted to play in this series. The heck had gotten into the director today, he couldn't tell but he sure didn't like it at all.

The scene finally came to a halt and the director uttered the words everyone was waiting for, allowing DongMin to rush at Jimin's side, who was seated on the floor, lifting himself up from the laying position that he was a bit ago.

"You okay?" He asked him as he left his hand rest on his shoulder and Jimin looked up at him with a smile before he proceeded to reply full of satisfaction. " I owned this scene. One of the most entertaining ones I have played in my life."

Jimin took hold of DongMin's arm in order to support himself and get up and DongMin just gave him a confused expression as he was not sure if his prior words were sarcastic or he meant them.

Once the two were on their feet, Jimin's phone started going off and DongMin that had it in his possession proceeded to take it out of his pocket and look at Jimin in wonder if he wanted to answer the call himself or he should and after Jimin gave him a hand sign to proceed, he replied on his own, greeting Jin that was on the other line.

"Hello, Sr. Kim...Yes, he is here...Till now everything is okay...I suppose" DongMin stood under Jimin's gaze, talking on the line, speaking as shortly as he could as he didn't want for Jimin to understand what was Jin asking him about since that was the request the man had spoken to him, just as he greeted him.

"Just keep an eye on him, it's nothing to worry about but if something seems off with him call me immediately. He has been stressed lately so take good care of him." Jin instructed him and DongMin hummed as a response right before the phone was taken from his hands by Jimin, who seemed like he wanted to talk now.