Chapter 33

Inside the silence of the night, in her big house that rarely was to be found this peaceful, BreeAhn slipped carefully around the corridors, heading for the cellar.

Considering the Early hour of the morning that it was, she surely was not going there to grab secretly some bottle of fine wine for herself and drink it till she manages to fall asleep in this night that she had not managed to do so.

Your sister was going there for a different reason than alcohol this time however if she was to get caught she knew well that it would create misunderstandings and your father surely wouldn't be pleased.

With a bit of fear in her heart, she managed to reach the wooden door which she pushed and closed once she entered inside, without a split of hesitation.

BreeAhn held the flashlight of her phone as steadily as she could while she proceeded to go down the few stairs that were to welcome anyone that was to step in this place then she hurried to find the row she wanted.

By the end of a stall full of wine, there laid the bottle she had placed among the many that existed in this room. A bottle that, unlike the others, contained something precious to her, which she wasn't allowed to have around.

On a night like this, where worry would occupy her mind enough to make her unable to sleep and to breath properly under the comfort of her luxurious bedsheets, she would crave for one thing only. One thing she could no longer have.

Upon finding the bottle, she didn't hesitate to take it and open it, bringing out of it the rolled papers that were inside it, tied neatly with a light blue ribbon that used to be once in her hair. A ribbon which her mother used to tie her hair with when she was little.

She couldn't help but recall the sweet memories of you herself and your mother, seated in your old living room, on the floor near the couch.  The moment in her memory was so fresh and full of happiness. The face of your mother was also very clear before her eyes, as that memory was of the few she recalled that vividly.

The way you had hugged her back then, complimenting her little ponytail on top of her head and the way that ribbon hell on her head, it still felt so new to her. The way your mother had kissed her cheek calling her beautiful. That memory screamed of love to her, but she could not be sure anymore.

Despite her conflicted feelings over your mother, your sister unfolded those papers in which she had printed old photos of your mother, secretly from your father, who had not let her even mention her after he had taken to live with him at that early age.

For her, she was betrayed, because it was she that requested the divorce from your father. She recalled clearly the night she spoke those words upon eating dinner and the fight that escalated between your parents after. And all you had done was pull her at the corner of the room and told her to close her ears while you had placed your palms over her eyes.

Back then, she had thought of you as strong because she felt weak and scared every time your parents were to collide with each other, but she still believed that deep down, you hated the situation just as much. However, she never got to learn the truth. You were never one to speak about such.

BreeAhn held the printed photograph gently in her hands, feeling her heart sinking in sadness and uncertainty. She did not deserve to miss her because she was the one that chose to break their family yet here she was, running to her and longing for her, whenever she was to feel vulnerable as tonight.

"I hate you" she whispered while looking at the eyes of your mother, tears filling her eyes as her feelings once again started getting mixed with frustration and anger. Enough to want her out of her sight despite the fact that she craved to feel the arms of her mother engulf her even if it's for one moment.