❄️ Talk to me ❄️

Chaehyun hardly got nervous, but his heart was pounding out his chest as he trudged through the snow with Lucas walking right beside him.

It had been a couple of days since the two of them had last spoken. Chaehyun decided that he needed some space to get his mind together — not only that, but on the first day of 2021, he got a tattoo and dyed his hair pink.

He felt like he needed a cleanse from the shitty year and decided to just say fuck it. He got one tattoo on his elbow (the inside of his arm) that said 'no rain ; no flowers' to remind him that without all of the darkness, he wouldn't have bloomed into the man he is today.

"It's so peaceful out here," Lucas broke the silence as they approached an empty park, heavy snow laid out on the ground and not a car in sight.

"Perfect place to talk."

Not caring about the snow, Chaehyun sat down on a bench and Lucas copied his actions by taking the seat across from him.

"I thought you said you'd never dye your hair pink?"

Chaehyun shrugged. "Decided I needed a change."

Lucas could only nod in response. He thought Chaehyun looked breathtaking with pink hair — though, Chaehyun could do anything with his appearance and Lucas would find him attractive.

"So I've taken a few days to think and thanks to Google and Moon Taeil, I have finally thought things through. I didn't want to talk to you when I was still seething with anger, I need to be mature or whatever."

Lucas smiled with a nod, remaining silent. He wanted Chaehyun to say his bit before he even thought about making a comment.

Chaehyun sighed and itched his face, though it was very numb from the cold.

"Getting angry doesn't solve anything. It won't and as hurt as I am, I know that you would not have said those words if you didn't have a reason for it. We need communication if this is gonna work. So, I've had my space and my time to think and I want to know what I did that made you feel like you can't trust me."

Lucas knew this was no time for jokes. No time for laughing, this was serious. They aren't teenagers anymore, both have a future with each other in mind and they won't achieve that future if they don't solve problems like adults.

Feeling his butt start to get soaked, Lucas shifted uncomfortably but swiftly pushed it to the back of his mind.

"I-I do trust you. I do. What I said was uncalled for and Its stupid. I shouldn't have said anything."

Chaehyun reached over, placing his bare hands over Lucas's gloved ones, sincerity washing over his face.

"It's not stupid if it's upsetting you. I'm not gonna get mad, but in order for us to work out we need to communicate. Your feelings are valid, Lucas. I just need to know why you got so worked up. What is going on. Talk to me."

Lucas swallowed thickly and looked down at his lap.

"Everyone always says that we just don't- that I'm not your type. That this relationship feels forced. They say that you don't look interested, and that it's just SM trying to cover up another one of their shitty mistakes."

Chaehyun frowned, hating to see how upset Lucas was getting. But he didn't interrupt. Instead, he took Lucas's hand in his own and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"Then I saw comments that you and Ten are getting closer, that you look at Ten like he put the stars in the sky. That you two would be a better couple or when they bring up you and Yeri still being in love. It hurts, it does because I wonder if I'm not good enough and it's just been- it's been building, you know? I can feel it in my chest, hurting whenever I watch you with Ten because you do look so much happier with him."

"Ten makes me happy, he makes me smile and laugh-" Chaehyun watched as Lucas put his head down. "But he's not you. Soulmates aren't always romantic, he might be my soulmate but you-you are my forever. I just nearly threw up at how cringy that sounds, but you are. I want to marry you one day, Lucas."

Lucas smirked. "So what I'm hearing is...I'm better than Ten?"

"Seriously? That's all you got out of that?"

"I'm not hearing a no."

"If it makes you happy, then yes. But please, talk to me. I'm here for you to lean on, we're a team. I want to be there for you and those comments? They mean nothing. I know that I love you and you know that I love you. That's all that matters."

"I will," Lucas promised.

They were far from perfect and they weren't mended, but equally, they both knew that they would try. They weren't giving up on each other, they didn't have it in them.

"Bro hug?" Chaehyun suggested as he stood up and held out his arms.

Lucas shook his head, causing Chaehyun to drown for a second before grabbing the sides of his face and pressing their lips against each other.

"Bro kiss," Lucas told him with a grin when they pulled away.

Chaehyun, looking dazed, nodded. "Okay i'm alright with that."

And he was. Lucas was back in his embrace and he would spend every day proving that he loved him and only him if it meant making him happy.

_____________________

the luchlan shippers ordered luchlan back, so i had to deliver. they have a lot of mending to do, but it's nothing true love can't fix 😊

slowly getting my motivation back, we're there!

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x