❦ advising the hyung ❦

━ okay so i have a book where i put in most of the requests for the future, but i don't see all the notifications, so every now and then at the beginning of a chapter i will ask for requests, if i haven't done one then it's either because i haven't seen it or i haven't been able to fit it in yet. so, if you have any requests for chae then comment here if you can and i will add them to my list ♡

➥ this chapter links with Chaeri's book, if you don't read it it's completely fine but i will be linking multiple chapters to my other books in future chapters too if that makes sense since they are all in the sea universe. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

NCT weren't doing too much meaning more time to rest for Chaehyun. He had discussed some bits for his collab with Taemin, though they weren't set to start for another week. He had spent a few hours at the company and now, at 2:39 on a warm day, he and Eleven had decided to take a walk to the park with Lucas and Kun. 

They walked near the pond and Chaehyun braced himself for Eleven to run and provoke the ducks, however, she seemed to be behaving today and actually laid down on the grass which promoted the three boys to sit around her. Luckily for them, the grass was completely dry so none of them had to worry about getting wet. 

"How's things with Chaeri going?" Lucas questioned casually, laying back against Chaehyun's chest and placing one arm over his eyes to shield him from the sun. Despite living together, Lucas hadn't really heard much about Kun's love life and Chaehyun hadn't heard anything either, hence why he raised an eyebrow, rather interested to hear. 

"Not great..." Kun responded, flicking his eyes down to the grass. 

"What do you mean not great?" Chaehyun blurted out, immediately, sitting up straight earning a slight hiss from Lucas, who had been jolted forward. Chaehyun patted Lucas on the neck affectionately as an apology before settling back down whilst Kun picked at the grass with a sigh.  

Chaeri is one of Chaehyun's best friends, but Kun is his family and he knew that if he had to choose between them then it would be Kun without a doubt. Though choosing between them isn't a position he would like to be put in, having them both in his life keeps him content and he wouldn't know what to do if he had to stop talking to Chaeri completely again. 

He lost her friendship once after his breakup with Dahyun and he didn't want to lose it again. 

"She told me about her and George..." Chaehyun cringed, he had known that was probably going to sting a lot for Kun and he had wanted to warn him about it but it wasn't his place to do so. "She also told me that you knew about it..." 

Chaehyun nodded. "I did but it wasn't my place to speak on it. That's a personal thing that I had nothing to do with. If circumstances were different and I thought that maybe there was something more between them now, then I would've spoken up but it's past shit that isn't going to be repeated, so I felt as though it should've been her who told you." 

"Hold up, what? What went down between Chaeri and George?" 

"She lost her virginity to him," Kun told him with a bit of bitterness to his tone. "Oh and she used to be in love with him, her best friend. No biggie." 

"Highlight the words used to," Chaehyun interrupted sharply. "I used to be in love with Yeri but am I now? Fuck no but we're still close friends, it's practically the same. George is her best friend now, yes and in the past, she wanted more than that, yes but now, in 2020, two years later. She is standing saying that she wants you."

Kun looked conflicted and Chaehyun knew it. 

It was a lot to take in, he understood that and he didn't blame Kun one bit for being hesitant but as his best friend, he wasn't going to let him miss out on a girl that could make him really happy. Someone that he could potentially have a future with. 

"Chaeri has been hanging out with you for a reason. If she wanted George like that now, she would've done something about it and so would he. She's not going to hurt you. I promise you, do you really think I would have let it get this far if I knew she was? I know Chaeri and George better than they know themselves and trust me, you have nothing to worry about." 

Kun groaned and leaned over to bury his head in Eleven's fur, it was soft and comforting. "I don't know what to do." 

"Take some time to think, but don't let her slip through your fingers. You'll never know what could happen between the two of you if you don't give it a shot," Lucas spoke up, surprising both Chaehyun and Kun. 

"When the fuck did you become to relationship wise?" Chaehyun questioned, staring down at him with furrowed eyebrows. 

Lucas grinned. "I started dating you." 

Kun smiled whilst Chaehyun narrowed his eyes with a nod. "That's oddly sweet." 

"I try." 

Chaehyun chuckled and pecked his lips gently before sitting back up whilst Kun rolled his eyes at the public display of affection taking place in front of him. He sighed and grabbed Eleven, peppering kisses against her silky fur. She seemed to be loving the attention she was receiving with her tale slapping against Chaehyun out of excitement. 

"At least I have Eleven to cuddle," Kun hummed sadly against her. 

Lucas slapped his leg. "No. You could have Chaeri if you stopped being a big goof." 

Kun laid back against the grass with Eleven on top of him and stared up at the sky whilst Chaehyun wrapped Lucas up in his arms, hugging him tightly. Kun paid no mind to the couple and instead let himself get lost in his thoughts. 

Chaehyun smiled. "Take you time to think, then talk to her." 

And he was going to do just that. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

i started writing this and then got distracted by Sims 4 and forgot all about it 😁 so I apologise if it's boring and I'm sorry if you feel like it's more about Kunri than Chaehyun but there was some Luchlan moments in there, so it's not all bad.  

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed it anyway. 

you are greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x