✖ The Marble Game ✖

TRIGGER WARNINGS — MCD ,, GUNS ,, VIOLENCE (?).

LUCAS AND CHAE ARE NOT DATING IN THIS AU BUT THERE ARE FEELINGS THERE ONCE AGAIN THIS IS JUST A MINI AU AND HAS NO RELATION TO THE STORYLINE OF CHAEHYUN'S BOOK AT ALL.

playlist ;; ❪ i love you so: the walters ,, i found: amber run ,, can't help falling in love: cover by haley reinhart ❫

"We're obviously partnering up." There was a cocky smile on Lucas's face as he turned to Chaehyun, sticking out his hand for the older boy to shake.

Chaehyun's eyes flickered around the room, as dread pooled in the pit of his stomach. He had been feeling that a lot recently, dread. Constantly on the brink of a panic attack wondering whether it's going to be him being lowered into the present-like boxes next.

He's not scared of death, not at all. In fact, he welcomes it — he's afraid of what he's leaving behind. His grandparents, his siblings...Lucas, his best friend since high school and the first boy he had ever had a crush on.

After a few seconds, Chaehyun hesitantly slid his hand into Lucas's and shook it, confirming their partnership for the next game. Something told Chaehyun that he was going to regret this, but he didn't have time to backtrack as the timer came to an abrupt end and screams from the curly haired lady broke out.

She was unhinged, that was for sure but a part of him sympathised with her. She didn't want to die, he understood her terror — doesn't mean he liked her though, in fact, he thought she was a nuisance. 

"Poor woman, she has to die knowing the last dick she got was from psycho thug over there," Lucas commented, almost humourlessly as he subtly nodded to the thug, who was smirking.

Chaehyun remained stoic. "Pity, they could've been the next Harley Quinn and The Joker."

Lucas cracked a smile.

The group were led into a room that appeared to be constructed of neighbourhoods. Chaehyun's eyes scanned the room.

"Damn. For murderers, they sure do but a lot of effort into the sets," Lucas commented, surprisingly chirpy.