❖ Morning workout ❖

"You told me we were going to McDonald's. The last time I checked, they didn't sell weights."

Trailing behind Jaehyun with a scowl plastered across his face wrapped up in a teddy bear hoodie and a pair of plaid pyjama pants, Chaehyun felt the irritation start to grow at the fact that he had been lied to.

He probably should've guessed since Jaehyun was dressed in anything but casual clothing with a pair of Adidas track bottoms and a muscle tee. Now thinking about it, who brings a gym bag to the McDonalds drive-thru? It was now all starting to make sense and frankly, Chaehyun couldn't blame anyone but himself for not putting the pieces together sooner.

"We are going to McDonald's...right after you work out with me," Jaehyun explained smoothly, glancing over his shoulder with a cheeky toothy grin.

Chaehyun exhaled sharply, he wasn't unfit and he did often attend the gym with his members but not as often as he used to. Chaehyun had no intentions of attending the gym this week, not at all. He wanted nothing more than to just lay in bed and unwind after the stressful schedules. It had been a rough couple of weeks, working out was the last thing on his mind.

Jaehyun dropped his bag down and turned to face Chaehyun, who stood with his arms folded and his tongue poked his cheek as irritation burned in his eyes. He tore his hard gaze from Jaehyun and then down to his attire and then back up to Jaehyun before raising an eyebrow and holding his arms out to gesture to his outfit.

"Do I look ready to work out to you?" He questioned, his tone aggrieved.

Jaehyun's eyes trailed down his body for a second before his shoulders raised in half a shrug.

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Jaehyun replied bluntly.

"Jaehyun, I'm dressed to get a big mac!"

"Look, Taeyong has been on my ass the entire week about keeping you distracted because he's worried about you again, so just do this one favour for me and distract yourself!" Jaehyun huffed.

Chaehyun's face contorted into a look of hurt which made Jaehyun pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Oh...so you didn't actually want to hang out with me, you're just doing this to get Taeyong off your back?"

"Chae you know that's not true-"

"No, you know what JEFFERY? I don't even want to hang out with you after this. I am disappointed that you would do this to me. First, you lie to me and get my hopes up AND NOW I'm finding out that you don't even wanna hang out with me on your own accord? Wow just wow, I am hurt. Truly."

"Chae-"

"No! I don't want to hear it. I'm going home and you won't stop me."

Chaehyun spun around and stomped towards the door, aggressively closing it behind him, however, it didn't slam and closed slowly which only made him huff out angrily.

Jaehyun watched through the window with his hand on his hips. "5...4...3...2..."

The door opened once again as Jaehyun breathed out the '1′ and Chaehyun appeared in front of him.

"I forgot my keys," Jaehyun smirked and held them up in front of him only to pull them away when Chaehyun attempted to grab them. "Give me my fucking keys before I deck you."

Jaehyun rolled his eyes and slid the keys into his pocket. Chaehyun's scowl deepened whilst Jaehyun casually began his work out. With a heavy sigh, Chaehyun's head tilted back to look up at the ceiling as he breathed out a frustrated breath. From the weights, Jaehyun smiled to himself in amusement.

It wasn't long before Chaehyun grew frustrated and decided to start working out himself. He tore off his hoodie to reveal the white muscle tee he had shoved on when Jaehyun literally dragged him from his bed.

"Wipe that smile off your face before I punch it off," Chaehyun grumbled.

"You talk a lot of shit Chaechae, we both know you love me too much to ever lay a hand on me," Jaehyun commented.

"This is the last time I ever trust you to give me directions," Chaehyun huffed out.

Jaehyun had told him that they were heading to a new McDonalds which had recently opened up and stupidly, it didn't click when Jaehyun started to give the directions to the gym. Granted, Chaehyun was still half asleep when he got into the driver's seat, so his brain still wasn't properly working.

"We're working out just like old times! Remember when we could come here every morning before work and just work out together? It was our bonding time."

"The only reason you've brought 'bonding time' back is because Taeyong is forcing you to distract me because he's scared I'm going to start smoking again," Chaehyun grumbled, hissing lightly as he gripped the bar to the weights.

"That's not totally true, I've wanted to go to the gym with you for ages but you just stopped and I knew you wouldn't agree unless I tricked you."

"Aw, is Jeffery upset because I stopped working out with him?" Chaehyun teased. "I just lost motivation, I decided to prioritize sleep in a morning over exercise."

As the schedules got more packed and Chaehyun began sleeping less, the want to wake up early to work out faded. Sleep was much more important to him. Though he couldn't deny that he had missed his morning workouts with Jaehyun.

With sweat trickling down both of their bodies, Chaehyun let out a breath of relief as they exited the gym and were coated in the freezing cold air. It cooled him down quickly and he held his arms out happily embracing the cold.

Once the pair were back in the car, Chaehyun fastened his belt before turning to Jaehyun.

"So...how about that Big Mac?"

The offer was far too tempting for Jaehyun to pass up.

"Where have you two been?" Asked Johnny with a frown as the two stepped in the dorm with their McDonald's coke clutched in their hands. They had eaten their meals in the car so that they wouldn't be forced to share with the rest of the boys. "You guys got food without me?"

"We went to the gym," Jaehyun told him with a shrug.

Johnny's jaw went slack and his expression dulled. "You- you both went without me? Bu-but we all used to do that together? Wh-why would you do it without me?"

Chaehyun took a huge gulp of his coke whilst shifting his gaze in between the pair.

"I tried waking you up but you just pushed me away, besides, Chae didn't really have a choice. I yanked him out of his bed."

"Why didn't you yank me out of my bed?"

Jaehyun's lips quirked up into an amused smile at Johnny's jealousy whilst Chaehyun side-eyed the two of them before walking away with the straw between his lips deciding to let the two settle it between themselves.

He was going to get in the shower and prepare for the long day ahead. With his tummy now filled, Chaehyun was in a much better mood.

Maybe he would have to start up his morning workouts again.

______________________

there is not enough jaehyun in this book and i am appalled by it, so here is a chaehyun and jaehyun chapter.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x