ꕥ Fun sized Range Rover ꕥ

"It's 4:15! I called you here two hours ago- what is that?"

Small wheels rolled against the gravel with a blaring screeching sound as Chaehyun moved his fingers from the button, stopping directly in front of Taeil. His long limbs crammed into the tiny box with his knees practically wedged beneath his chin.

"Is that a car for babies?"

Grunts and groans tumbled from the Kim boy who struggled to pull himself from the small toy vehicle designed to look like a Range Rover. In disbelief, Taeil watched rather than helped.

"My car is in the shop so I had to make do! Luckily, Gran has been looking after my younger cousin so I gave him my iPad for this."

"Didn't you get that iPad yesterday?"

"Did you want me here or not?"

The pair began bickering back and forth about all of the options Chaehyun could have taken, the backdoor to the company slammed open and an aggressive kick to one of the bins boomed through the empty car park. Arguments now quieting, Taeil and Chaehyun turned around to find Yangyang aggressively pacing around.

"Drive my car inside. I'll be with you in a second."

Taeil looked down at the toy car. "I am not getting into that thing! I won't even fit."

Chaehyun scoffed. "Dude, just get in. It's an expensive Range Rover, you're lucky to be in the presence of it."

Taeil raised a brow before purposely crashing his foot into the side of it, which made Chaehyun gasp at the action. A small pushing fight broke out between the two for several seconds before Chaehyun nearly tripped over the car, but managed to catch his balance.

"Just take the damn thing inside."

Begrudgingly, Taeil reached down and lifted the car up into his arms and made his way towards the door leaving Chaehyun alone with a now breathless Yangyang — still pacing.

"Alright, alright!" Chaehyun stumbled towards the younger boy, taking his arms and stilling him. "Why the hell are you pacing? You're making me nervous."

Yangyang pulled himself out of Chaehyun's grip, and continued to pace up and down the pavement leaving the taller male to stand and watch in confusion. Yangyang had never been this unapproachable before, which worried him massively.

Folding his arms, Chaehyun cocked his head to the side and just watched. It went on for several minutes before Yangyang crumbled and fell to the ground with his hands covering his face. And Chaehyun took that as his cue to start his oh so successful comforting tactics.

"Are you practising for a walkathon?"

Yangyang didn't respond.

Sighing, Chaehyun kneeled down in front of the boy and pulled his hands away from his face.

"I get the idea that you're a little worked up."

"No really? How could you tell?" Yangyang replied sarcastically.

"Might be the fact that you just walked 8 miles in one area or the fact that you just used sarcasm on me of all people."

Yangyang rubbed his head and moved to press his back against the wall. "I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed out."

Chaehyun moved to lean against the brick beside him. "Stressed out with what?"

"This comeback. It's an important one and I don't want to be the one to mess it up."

Honestly, Chaehyun didn't mean to but he couldn't help the small chuckle that tumbled from his lips earning a scowl from Yangyang. Clearing his throat, Chaehyun turned to face him with an arm pressed into the wall.

"Yangyang, I have seen you practise and let me tell you, there's no way in hell you're messing up this comeback. I get it, it's scary. You don't know how people will react so you're plagued with the fear of being the disappointment, but I promise you, the world is going to absolutely love what you put out."

"And what if they don't? What if they think I could have done better? What if-"

"What if they love it? What if they believe that this comeback is your era?"

Yangyang stayed quiet, not quite sure how to respond.

"See. It could go both ways so why are you putting yourself through double stress? 99% of those worries in your mind aren't even going to happen so what's the point of taking away your peace today and worrying double? If people don't like it, then worry about it then at that moment. Not now, because that's how you slip up. You let the doubts cloud your brain and suddenly, you're making all kinds of mistakes."

Yangyang nodded. "I let that happen in practice. I was so worried that I kept messing up the steps and it was only making it worse."

"I've been there, and it's not easy to get past and this comeback is a little different because well-you're one member down, but from what i've seen so far, you guys are doing amazing."

Yangyang took a deep breath. "Thanks..."

"You're welcome. You wanna hug it out?"

Saying nothing, Yangyang wrapped himself around Chaehyun's body burying his face into his shoulder. Chaehyun grinned, caressing the back of Yangyang's head and relishing in the moment.

"By the way, where did you buy that toy Range Rover? I want one."

"They're cool right?!"

"I mean, you make it seem less cool but I think I could look pretty sick riding it to work everyday."

Chaehyun pushed Yangyang's head away.

"Just for that I hope this comeback fails."

___________________

writing is a little rusty but cut me some slack okay i'm tryna get back into the swing of things 😭 i hope to my lovely darling that requested some yangyang x chaehyun, this was okay? 😅

i hope you all had an amazing christmas and happy new year!! stay safe please 🤍

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x