⊰ Negative opinions ⊱

"I want food, not to be forced into picking up your psycho sister-"

"Haechan, finish that sentence and I will end your life."

Chaehyun gave the younger boy the nastiest side eye, but Haechan didn't flinch. You see, if there is one person that isn't afraid of facing the wrath of Kim Chaehyun, it's Lee Donghyuck, and honestly, Chaehyun kind of respects him for it — not that he will ever say that out loud.

It's no secret that the members of NCT aren't fond of Hanra, but being respectful to Chaehyun, none of them ever voice their opinions. Well, none of them except for Haechan. This isn't no enemies to lovers type of thing either, that boy genuinely despise the Kim girl for what she did to his older brother figure.

"I will get you food after picking Hanra up."

Haechan rolled his eyes. "She makes me want to vomit. I will have already lost my appetite by then."

Chaehyun said nothing. He knew that Haechan was only looking out for him, and Hanra was deeply in the wrong even after all this time. He still hasn't forgiven her, and he doesn't plan on doing either. The only reason he's picking her up is because his grandmother had recently broken her foot and was unable to drive, and with her being injured, his grandfather had to stay home and look after her.

Daeyoon was also out, so nobody could pick her up besides him. He was doing this for his grandparents, not for Hanra. Staying quiet, Chaehyun pulled into the McDonalds drive thru. When Haechan noticed, he gasped loudly and put a hand on his heart.

"You really do care about me!" Haechan pinched his cheek. "Sweet Chaehyunnie!"

Chaehyun looked miserable. "I am only doing this to shut you up. Now order your stupid meal, I'm not ordering for you."

"Okay!" Haechan chirped.

Chaehyun should have known what was going to happen next. Haechan unbuckled his seatbelt and reached over, practically falling across Chaehyun's lap making him grunt from the impact. Haechan leaned his head out of the window in order to get the speaker to pick up on him.

He blurted out his order, and then ordered some food for Chaehyun, who tried to hide a smile at the fact that Haechan knew his order and made the effort to actually get him something without him having to ask. When the two finally collected their food, Chaehyun parked up the car so they could eat.

"I still don't understand why you don't disown your sister," Haechan spoke with a mouth full of fries.

"She's my baby sister. You seem to forget that from being a literal child, I raised her. It's not easy to just let go when I spent so long protecting her," Chaehyun explained with a shrug.

Haechan understood where he was coming from, but it didn't make it okay. Hanra almost got him killed, so betrayed him, and Haechan has never been able to understand why Chaehyun let her off so easily. Sure, he distanced himself but anyone else would've flat out cut her off. Regardless of her age and past, she knew what she was doing to her older brother and Haechan would never ever be able to see past that.

"Do you like me more than her?" Haechan asked with a smile, a cheeky one.

Chaehyun glanced over at him, slowly chewing down on his chicken. It took him a few seconds before he nodded his head. "I mean, as much as you make me want to push you in front of a train, I see you as a little brother. And you didn't set me up to be kidnapped by my own parents so that is a bonus points for you, I guess."

Haechan tried to push his luck.

"Do you love me more than Chenle?"

Chaehyun scoffed. "Please, I don't even love Lucas more than Chenle. That boy is my son."

Haechan made a face. "I sense favouritism but whatever." 

Chaehyun's chest vibrated with a joyful chuckle, he glanced over at Haechan and shook his head. "I sense jealousy. Do you not like me having other favourites, Donghyuck?"

"I'm one of your favourites?" Haechan pretended to tuck a piece of hair behind his ear, flattered.

Chaehyun shrugged. "You come second after every single other person on this earth."

Haechan's grin dropped. "I hope the car breaks down so you have to spend extra time with your psycho sister."

Chaehyun grinned back at him smugly and poked his cheek. "That means you will also have to spend time with her, and you know what? That would amuse the hell out of me, so thank you for manifesting your own downfall."

"That was dumb on my part, I will admit."

"You're a very dumb boy."

"Man," Haechan corrected. "I'm a man now. Get it right or don't speak to me ever again."

Chaehyun was about to reply, when his phone started to ring through the car. He quickly pressed answer and Hanra's voice blasted through the speaker causing Haechan to pretend to throw up.

"Hi. Gran told me you'd be picking me up."

"Yeah," Chaehyun replied dryly.

"Well, I have already made plans with a couple of friends so you don't have to."

"Oh. Okay." Chaehyun's voice held no emotion whilst Haechan was silently cheering beside him. "Have fun then, I guess. Be safe and shit. Bye."

"Bye."

"Well...that was the most bland conversation I think I have ever heard, but you know what? It doesn't matter! The psycho is not coming anywhere near me and I am happy!" Haechan looked like he had just won the lottery.

"You really hate my sister, huh?"

"She doesn't deserve a brother like you," Haechan told him, now looking very serious. Hating the change in atmosphere, Chaehyun crinkled his nose. Haechan chuckled. "Too soppy?"

"Just a bit, go back to insulting, please."

Haechan clapped. "Now that, I can do."

And he did. The entire drive was spent with Haechan pretty much verbally harassing Hanra with a few sly digs at Chaehyun too. To be fair, Chaehyun did ask for it, so he couldn't really sit and complain.

_____________________

super random chapter, but i love haechan and chae's relationship so im happy with this. i have many regrets about the way i made chae's past — i seriously cannot stand his first book, so i try not to bring up the family troubles as much, but you know, it obviously does have to be mentioned every now and then.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i really hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x