⋰ One step closer ⋱

"Am I an asshole or the asshole?" Doyoung held a a blank expression as Chaehyun smirked smugly.

No normal person is that smug after being called an asshole...well Chaehyun isn't normal. He's an asshole and he knows it. He represents the title quite proudly much to the dismay of all his haters and most likely his members when he pisses them off.

Reading hate comments wasn't something that Chaehyun did often, but he did like to go through some of them sometimes just to give himself a laugh at the unnecessary rudeness of other people. You see, Chaehyun's mindset is as such; the words you say to others only reflect on you and the type of person you are.

His SuperM trailer had been published and at first, he was just reading some of the comments on that — spoiler alert, the thirst was real in some of those comments. But as he got further down the comments section, he got bored and decided to step through the gates of Hell.

Aka Twitter.

Doyoung has been sat beside him the entire time, partially worried and relatively confused to why the hell Chaehyun of all people would want to read hate let alone begin laughing at it. It kind of comforted him in a way, because though the two aren't close, he does worry for Chaehyun and it was comforting to him that the younger boy wasn't getting upset because it meant that slowly he was healing.

"Lucas deserves better than a player like Chaehyun. I can only see heartbreak. That man only wants one thing and its to be in control of breaking hearts. Milking his shit for attention. Can't stand him."

Of course, there was a great amount of backlash towards that person who had tried to defend themselves but stopped after the comments got too much. Chaehyun didn't believed they deserved the hate, but after all, don't give if you can't take.

"The only thing I can play is Mario Kart. And if I'm known for breaking hearts then why am I friends with literally both Dahyun and Yeri? Side note: if you can't stand me then sit down." Doyoung didn't know who Chaehyun was talking to but the sass in his tone was quite amusing to him.

Chaehyun had a grin on his face, mentally applauding himself for the witty response, even though he had only said it out loud and not directly to the person, he liked to practise his comebacks and this was proof that he was perfecting the witty comments.

Doyoung couldn't help but chuckle as Chaehyun excitedly stomped his feet against the ground and giggled at himself. Reaching over to rub his head, Doyoung held a fond smile.

Though it was slightly odd to him that Chaehyun was getting excited over responding to hate, at least he was smiling and that's all that really mattered to any of his members. Chaehyun's smile vanished in a matter of seconds when he received a notification.

Hanra Kim — THE REASON MY BROTHER HATES ME.

She had posted a new video onto her YouTube. Peeking over his shoulder, Doyoung's face also dulled. He shot a side glance towards his member who held an unreadable expression.

"Hyung..." Chaehyun spoke up quietly.

Doyoung perked up immediately, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Yeah Chae?"

"This is gonna sound weird but can you please like uh...hold my hand or something whilst I watch this? I know it's weird but I don't know what she's gonna say and I don't want her making the entire world hate her-"

Chaehyun's sentence was interrupted by Doyoung sliding his hand into his. Smiling thankfully, Chaehyun pressed the notification and took a deep breath as it loaded.

* The YouTube Video *

"Hey guys! It's Hanra here I guess? Haha...sorry I'm awkward." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I know it's been a while since you guys last saw my face but as some of you know, I've been going through a lot with my family specifically my older brother, Chaehyun."

She cleared her throat.

"I uh...I won't go into detail because I know that's something that he doesn't really wanna keep out there and he would rather it be kept private. But, I had a part in the reason why he began hurting deeply. I hurt him and I want to take full responsibility for that by telling the world that I made a mistake."

She licked her lips and averted her eyes to the ground.

"I'm still young. I'm sixteen years old now and I keep making mistakes ones that hurt him badly. Chaehyun was for the first few years of my life he was the only parent I knew. He took care of me and my brother and he basically parented us as a very young age. He gave up everything for us, his school work, his social life...everything just to make sure we were okay and we were healthy and fed."

She swallowed thickly. "I threw it back in his face. I was ungrateful, I was horrible and I made the biggest mistake of my life and I have no idea if he even hates me or not but he hasn't spoken to me much since it happened — now, Chaehyun is a forgiving man and I hurt him deeply but he has still been there subtly for me over these last few months. He's still watching out for me even though I hurt him deeply."

Hanra refused to cry. She didn't want to be one of those that cried. So, she swallowed the lump in her throat and she took a deep breath.

"Chae...I know—I hope...you're watching this and if you are then I want you to know how sorry I am. How much I actually love and respect you. Without you I would be lost, Daeyoon would be lost. I love you so much Chae, I really do and I adore everything you do. I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart. I am sorry and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I'll earn it. I will. I won't let you down again. I promise."

She heaved out a sigh and gave a small smile to the camera.

"I'm going to be taking a break from YouTube for a while to focus on my studies and sort myself out mentally. But I thank you all for your support and for your kind words. I'll be back soon. I love you, bye."

* End of video *

"Geez, is someone cutting onions damn." Doyoung wiped beneath his eyes before taking a glance at Chaehyun who just looked empty. He had no idea what to do. He really didn't.

The look in her eyes pulled on his heartstrings. Chaehyun had practically raised her, seeing her look so sad broke him inside. He closed his eyes and let out a frustrated groan, pulling his phone towards him he opened up her contact.

Hanra was sitting in her room when her phone buzzed against her table. Nervously, she lifted it up to see a message from the last person she expected.

From the successful one 💖
Earn it. I love you too...

She smiled to herself as relief washed through her. She wouldn't let him down again.

It's a start to forgiveness.

_________________
So, Chaehyun is closer to forgiving Hanra!

I'm so sorry for lack of updates, I'm still sick unfortunately. Thank you so much for your patience and kind messages.

Thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but I hope you enjoyed anyway.

You are greatly appreciated 💚

- Blue x