⦅Framed?⦆

"A fight, Chaehyun? Are you kidding me? You cannot be doing things like this, I can't afford to lose you but I'm afraid if you continue to defy me and my rules, we will have no choice but to terminate your contract."

In any other circumstance, those words would have shaken Chaehyun down to the core. This was his dream, something he had been working towards for years and putting it in jeopardy would have usually been something that terrified him but as he sat there in that chair surrounded by his management team, he didn't feel a single ounce of terror. All he could do was nod along, looking rather bored and that was not a good look for him. 

The situation had happened only an hour prior and he was having trouble processing everything. His phone was blowing up with texts and calls, but simply switched it off and shoved it back in his pocket. He was numb, completely left in shock and for that reason, his management took pity on him - which is a surprise considering they barely think of anyone but the cash. 

"Look, we know Johnny isn't innocent in this either and we will be having words with him but as of right now, we have more important things to discuss." It was a shock to see The Kim Chaehyun being so obedient and quiet. He simply gave a small nod. No snide comment, no interruption, no giggling...he just nodded. "We have been lenient with you but this situation is getting out of hand." 

Everyone slyly glanced at the boy who was slouched in his seat just listening. There was emptiness in his eyes, it's almost like his body was there but his mind was floating like there was nothing inside of him, his manager who had taken a seat beside him rubbed his shoulder assuringly offering the slightest bit of comfort and though it didn't work, Chaehyun appreciated it. 

"Due to the number of scandals you have been involved in this year alone and now this fight, you will be placed on a temporary hiatus from NCT but you will continue your engagements with Super M - the group is too new and we need all eight members. Until everything is resolved and died down, you will not be an active member of NCT for the time being. This way it gives you the chance to cool off and avoid getting in another scandal. I've informed Baekhyun to keep a close eye on you when Super M is active." 

Expecting Chaehyun to have some kind of a kick-off, the staff in the room braced themselves but much their surprise, Chaehyun didn't raise his voice once and instead, respectfully nodded. 

"I think that will be best." 

Several staff members glanced at each other. They now knew that this was very bad because if Chaehyun wanted to go on hiatus it meant that this situation was a lot tougher than they expected it to be. This wasn't just an argument between two friends, no this was an entire group turning their backs on one of their own and Chaehyun wasn't taking to that lightly which worried his management because this could possibly end in Chaehyun walking away. 

It was clear to see that the youngest in the room was completely defeated. He had been put through a lot but the one thing that was hurting him more than anything was his family jumping to conclusions and turning on him, having no trust or faith in him. Gaining Chaehyun's trust wasn't easy and in a matter of minutes, they had all lost the privilege of being deeply trusted by Kim Chaehyun. 

"Okay...now we need to discuss the rumour." 

Chaehyun nodded. He had no idea what this rumour had stemmed from or how it had gotten around SM before it had gotten to him. He had literally gone to sleep fine and woke up with pretty much his entire workplace hating him. It made absolutely no sense to him but he couldn't say he was surprised, happiness never lasts for him. Something bad always has to pop in whenever his life is going good because he can't seem to catch a break. 

"I don't know where the rumour came from or what has happened but this morning, Taeyong burst into my office with a piece of paper - a contract to be exact. It was a BigHit contract that you had apparently been planning to sign. He said he found it in your bag and assumed you had been planning to leave." 

Chaehyun narrowed his eyes in confusion. "A BigHit Entertainment contract? In my bag?" 

Chaehyun had never had any discussions with BigHit Entertainment so he was completely baffled as to how the hell a contract had wormed its way into his bag. Though he couldn't quite understand why Taeyong had been going through his bag in the first place. Had he been framed? Had someone slipped it in there by mistake? The contract had to be faked, to retrieve a contract he would've had to sign it at the company. 

"May I see the contract?" Chaehyun watched intently as the alleged contract was slid towards him. He leaned closer and scanned the text. "This is a fake contract, I believe I'm being framed. That doesn't even look real for one and for two, I haven't had any contact with BigHit to even discuss signing a contract. The only person I really know from that company is George and I can call him right now and he will give you confirmation that I haven't been anywhere near that company." 

Chaehyun pushed the contract back across the desk, his usual soft brown eyes had hardened and his jaw clenched. 

"I think somebody is trying to get me kicked out of the company." 

_______________________________

Honestly, is this even realistic anymore?

Thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but I hope you enjoyed anyway.

You're greatly appreciated 💚

- Blue x