ꕥ Made a new friend ꕥ

"Have you actually watched this show or are you just lying?"

"Total lies, I have never seen this show in my life, and you need to be at peace with that. After all, you were the one to believe me when I told you I had watched this show."

Chaehyun threw one leg over the other, locking his hands over his knees with a tight lipped smile whilst Jessi sat across from him, cue cards in her hand and a shocked yet slightly impressed expression plastered across her features. She knew then in that moment that she was in for a long ride, because Kim Chaehyun was already living up to his name: Kpop's biggest menace.

Swiftly, she introduced him, already eager to get on with the interview.

"You're British right? Why are you speaking Korean? Say something in English, I wanna hear your accent in clear."

"You're so demanding," he told her in English, his accent showing completely making her gasp. She leaned back in her chair and hid her face behind her cards, making Chaehyun grin wickedly. "Oh, she's blushing! She likes my accent. Do you want me to call you, Darlin'?"

She turned to look at the crew, her eyes screaming 'save me'. "No, because I will actually fall in love."

Chaehyun gave his signature dimpled smile. Jessi quickly fanned herself with the cards, making a passing comment about the room being hot so suddenly.

"You have a really deep dimple!" She pointed out suddenly.

Chaehyun poked out his cheek, giving her a knowing stare. "You wanna touch it don't you."

She bit her fingernail, and nodded. "I kinda do. Can I touch it?"

Chaehyun nodded, and she immediately launched out of her seat making everyone laugh at how eager she was. Chaehyun turned his cheek to give her easier access and grinned when he felt her nail poke his dimple.

"Why is it so deep?" She quizzed.

Chaehyun shrugged. "I don't know, ask it."

She was about to continue talking when Chaehyun gasped and grabbed her hand. "I need you to promise me something!"

Jessi squeezed his hand. "What? What is it?"

"If you interview my other members, you can't like them more than me. I have to be your favourite NCT member, you promise?"

Without missing a beat, Jessi nodded in determination. "I promise- where are your members, by the way? Why are you here alone?"

"'Cause I just felt like it would be more romantic for it to just be me and you, they'd ruin the vibe y'know?"

She placed a hand on her heart. "He's flirting with me in that accent."

"Wait, how old are you?" Jessi quizzed, slightly teetering backwards.

"Internationally, 22. I was born in 1998 but im 23 in September. I'm so old bro."

Jessi slapped his arm. "I'm 32! Don't say that."

Chaehyun snorted. "There is no way that you are 32. Where the hell is your ID?"

Jessi flicked her hair and looked at the camera smugly. "He's IDing me."

"Okay! Enough flattery! Let's do close up interview. Imma get real close, you okay with that?"

"Will you be okay with that? You're not gonna get too flustered being so close to me, right?"

Jessi looked back at her crew, who were all laughing at the fact that he was able to challenge her so easily. Ignoring his precious comment, she grabbed the camera moved closer to him. Chaehyun looked up at her and smiled.

"You smell nice," he commented.

"Oh my gosh, thank you! I've been waiting for someone to compliment my scent!" She cheered.

Chaehyun looked at the camera. "She smells expensive." He then looked at her nails and gasped. "Your nails are long! Can you massage my head?"

Jessi stepped back with her hand on her hip. "Do you think I'm here to relax you? This is an interview!...Though, your hair does look really soft, so yes I will just this once."

She filmed his head as her nails ran through his hair, making him curl up in his seat at the sensation.

"He's getting tingles! Oh my-ASMR! I am ASMR-ing you right now."

At this point, it wasn't even an interview anymore.

"Ouch! That hurt! Why you so aggressive so suddenly?!" He yelped as she pulled a piece of his hair before evilly laughing to herself. He tried to move his head away, but she was quick to pull it back so she could style it with one hand.

"Stop moving your head! Damn!" She scolded him.

"You hurt me!" He whined.

After their mini asmr/hairstyling session, Jessi sat back down and the two went on with the interview.

"This hasn't even been an interview this has just been me flirting and arguing with a guy that's too young for me."

Chaehyun winked. "Age is just a number. But I'm also taken, so watch your step."

Jessi gasped. "Right! You've been in a lot of relationships from what I heard. Are you a player?"

"If you ask anyone else then they would probably say yes, but I'm saying no because I'm committed to my current relationship."

"Who's my competition?" She quizzed.

Chaehyun leaned back in his chair and folded his arms. He didn't reply.

"Oh. He's not telling me!" She exclaimed when she finally realized why he wasn't saying anything. She cocked her head to the side. "You give off major best friend vibes. Can we be best friends?"

"Obviously, you think I was gonna leave here without securing my place on your besties list?"

Jessi cheered.

Chaehyun had scored a new friend.

He was a natural at the art of friend making.

_________________________

the ending isn't the best, but i am actually super happy with how this chapter went.

thank you so much for reading, as well as your continuous support! this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x