꒰ Time for a talk ꒱

"Are you so stubborn that you won't even make the first move and go talk to him?"

"Well duh, I have too much pride for that. Ain't no bitch seeing me beg, he comes to me if he's got something to say."

It was times like these that made Ten want to slam both Lucas and Chaehyun's heads together to knock some sense into them.

For almost five days, they had been avoiding each other like the plague. Lucas had started it, running and hiding whenever he saw Chaehyun approaching and leaving his messages on read but with Chaehyun being the petty brat he is, he gave up trying to contact him and had also been avoiding him.

"Chae, it's times like these when you need communication and right now, neither of you have that," Ten told him, seriousness dripping from his tone.

"How do you expect me to communicate when he practically breaks his neck trying to run away from me? I don't even know what I did wrong, men are weird, man."

Ten sighed and sat back with his arms folded over his chest. At this moment, Lucas passed by and Ten flew out of his seat and ran towards him, scaring the absolute life out of Chaehyun. Ten yanked open the door and grabbed Lucas's arm and dragged him inside.

"Sit. I'm going to leave this room and by the time I come back you both better have talked because I don't know how much longer I can cope with Chaehyun's obnoxiously loud sad sighs."

Ten pushed Lucas down into the chair that he was previously sitting in before heading back to the door. He turned and pointed accusingly between the two of them.

"Talk."

With that, he stepped out of the room and headed off to find Johnny leaving the pair in awkward silence.

Chaehyun rubbed his leg, looking anywhere but at Lucas. Honestly, he hated this. How had they gone from being all over each other to barely being able to sit in a room together? It irritated him but he was not about to make the first move.

"Look, I know you're mad-"

"Let me just correct you there. I'm not mad. Confused? Yes. Hurt? Very. Irritated? Sure. But mad? No, no. I'm not mad, trust me."

Lucas nodded slowly, dropping his head to look down at the ground.

"I took the wrong approach."

Chaehyun gasped dramatically. "Really? I would have never guessed!"

"Can you stop being sarcastic for like 5 minutes of your life?" Lucas snapped, finally looking up to meet Chaehyun's cold eyes.

Chaehyun refused to show his hurt, maybe that was a weakness of his but he had been hurt too many times in the past and gradually, he got used to remaining cold in situations where his heart is on the line.

"No, no I don't think I can."

"See! This is why I ignored you, you're so goddamn irritating!"

Chaehyun laughed sarcastically before turning completely sotic. "Watch your fucking mouth, let's not forget that we were completely fine up until you decided to play Mr Mystery and ignore me."

Lucas sighed loudly and ran a hand through his hair, he knew he was in the wrong and he had never felt more guilty than in this moment. He bit his lip and turned to look at Chaehyun, his heart clenching at the cold expression on his face.

"I ignored you because I was hurt and stressed, okay?"

"I would have understood and helped you if you would have told me-"

"How can I tell you when you're always with someone? You're always flirting with people, always all over the other members. I get playfulness but sometimes with the way you talk, it's almost like you actually want them!" Lucas blew up, his anger starting to show.

For the first time, Chaehyun was left without anything to say.

"I've been the centre of hate recently, we're all so fucking busy with comebacks and schedules and im barely even having time to eat a proper meal and my boyfriend doesn't even notice because he's too busy flirting with everyone else!"

Chaehyun narrowed his eyes. "It's a joke. It's how I've always been! That's my personality, Lucas but i would never overstep the boundaries and do anything that would betray your trust and I haven't been there because I didn't know, I can't read minds!"

It felt like they weren't getting anywhere. Like they were both at a dead end and there was nothing they could say that wouldn't cause an argument.

"When did we get like this Yukhei? Because I don't remember it ever being this bad between us. I'm sorry I haven't been there and I promise I don't want to hurt you, but you can't sit and blame it all on me when you didn't even try to talk to me."

Lucas licked his lips and sighed. It seemed so easy to fix things between them and yet, they couldn't seem to do it without causing more problems and anger.

"I think we may need some time apart," Lucas told him, his voice shaking. "A break. I think it would help us both a lot."

A wave of nausea washed over Chaehyun's body, but he refused to let it show and nodded his head slowly.

"Fine. If that's what you want then we'll do that, but I need you to promise me one thing."

Lucas nodded urging him to continue.

"If during this break you decide that you don't want to be with me anymore, then at least promise I won't lose you as my best friend because as much as a breakup would fucking hurt, losing you completely would kill me."

Lucas gave a sad smile and opened his arms. Chaehyun was hesitant but eventually gave into his own needs and hugged him. Several kisses were placed to Chaehyun's shoulder before they pulled away.

"I promise."

Lucas then stood up and headed out of the room leaving Chaehyun alone with his thoughts. He thought he was holding it together well until Ten stepped into the room and that's when the tears began rolling.

"What happened?" The older male questioned, sitting down beside Chaehyun and resting a hand on his shoulder.

"We're on a break."

Ten's eyes widened ever so slightly. "Oh."

Chaehyun pressed his lips together in a thin line and nodded, a bitter chuckle falling from his lips.

"Yeah," he began. "Oh."

"Well at least you're not actually broken up. A break might make your relationship stronger."

"It might do, or it might make it break even more than it already is after Lucas realizes that he's too good for me."

"You are both more than deserving of each other, you're just in a weird place right now and it's a lot to take in."

Chaehyun didn't respond, he simply just wrapped his arms around Ten, who gave him a comforting hug. His head fell onto his shoulders as the tears soaked his cheeks.

He was so beyond heartbroken.

________________________

so I'm back, hello. i know the break wasn't that long but i am starting to feel a lot better, unfortunately, we lost my nana but if there's one thing that comforts me it's that i know she is now at peace and in no pain anymore. i decided to come back and write as it does help me relax and distracts me. 

thank you for all of your heartwarming and kind well wishes, i am very grateful for each and every single one of you. also thank you for your patience, i'm excited to be back. 

im so bad at writing angst 😭 but a lot of people suggested a break and i actually liked the idea, so here we are. thank you so much for your suggestions and input! i have written all of your requests down and will get to them when i can.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x