ヾ A helping hand ノ"

"Argh!"

Chaehyun stopped in his tracks, holding up his hands in mock defence. "I didn't do anything yet."

The girl in front of him whips around with wide eyes, her head cocked to the side with her hands attached to her earring which seems to be tangled in her hair. Chaehyun stares down at her amused as she attempts be formal, but seemingly struggles with her predicament.

"That wasn't aimed at you. I didn't even see you coming." Chaehyun waved off her panic explanation with an amused chuckle.

He gestures to her earring. "Need some help there?"

"Please!"

He stepped closer and was about to touch her, but swiftly paused. "Are you okay with me touching you?" Technically, she had given him permission when he offered his help, but he wanted to make sure that it was absolutely fine with her.

She nodded her head, giving him a small smile despite her struggle. The last thing Chaehyun wanted to do was hurt her. So, as gentle as he could, he untangled her hair from the earring. Once he was done, he pulled his hands away and stepped back watching as she flattened down the side of her head.

"Thanks, ive been stuck like that for ages and so many people walked past leaving me to struggle. You're the first person to offer any help."

"Yeah most people 'round here are either focused too much on their job or just plain rude." He then frowned, pointing to her earring. "How did you manage to get into that situation?"

An embarrassed look washed over her features. "I was copying a tiktok dance and yeah, it ended up getting caught."

Chaehyun nodded slowly, trying not to look too amused. He licked his lips and looked away. She groaned, a shy smile lifting on her own lips.

"Hey, no judgement here. I'm sure many people have danced so hard to a tiktok song that their hair got stuck in their earring." She laughed quietly. "Anyway, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Chaehyun. You're Giselle, right?"

The younger girl nodded her head. "Yep, that's me! It's nice to finally meet you."

The two shook hands. "I believe I've met Winter already, but this is my first time actually meeting you. How's the debut going?"

"Amazing. I mean, it's a lot of work but this is everything I've ever wanted."

Chaehyun hummed. "Just stay on the good side of the media and Twitter especially, and you should be good. Also don't turn into me and you're set for a smooth sailing career."

"Thank you for the advice."

Chaehyun gave her a thumbs up just as his phone began to rang. He pulled it out of his pocket to see Doyoung's name on his screen.

"Oh. This must be important." He then pressed decline and smiled at Giselle. "Anyway, I better go but it was great meeting you! Maybe put your hair up the next time you try a tiktok dance."

Her cheek flushed as he began walking away. She gave him a flustered wave, quietly scolding herself when he was out of sight.

When Chaehyun stepped into the studio, Doyoung was waiting outside.

"I called you."

"I know, I watched it ring."

"What if i was being kidnapped?!" Doyoung quizzed.

Chaehyun shrugged. "Then we'd have something to relate on in the future when we finally found you."

"You're a pain in the ass."

"Lucas's ass," Chaehyun corrected with a cheeky wink.

Doyoung decided that letting Chaehyun win that argument would be his best decision. With a displeased frown the elder of the two shoved him towards the booth.

"Hey! You wanna go grab some ice cream after this?" Chaehyun suggested just before he stepped into the soundproof booth.

Doyoung actually liked the sound of that, so he nodded. "Sure."

"Great, you can pay because I left my wallet at home." Chaehyun entered the room and slid the headphones on his head leaving his member to curse at him under his breath.

Two hours later, an ecstatic Chaehyun sat in his car with his ice cream and a chuckling Doyoung beside him. Honestly, it felt as though Doyoung was a single parent when it came to the other Kim, but he didn't mind as much as he liked to pretend.

"I'll pay you back," Chaehyun promised.

"No, I don't want you to," Doyoung declined quickly. "I paid for you because I wanted to."

"I think you love me."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Chaehyun gave him a grin. "I think that you really really love me."

Doyoung threw his head back with a sigh before glancing over at Chaehyun and he tried to hide his amusement. "Don't make me regret hanging out with you."

Cockily, Chaehyun scoffed. "I'm a blessing to hang out with for your information."

Doyoung chuckled. "Sure, I guess you're okay sometimes."

And for once, Chaehyun didn't have a smart comment to reply back with. He silently took the compliment, feeling a lot better about himself knowing that Doyoung truly meant it.

________________

man i am so tired so im gonna take a nap now but i first wanted to update at least one of my books, so here we are.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x