☂ An eventful night ☂

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Daeyoon shook his head and snuggled further into Chaehyun's arm, cheeks stained with dried tears and eyes blood shocked. A soft sigh escaped Chaehyun before he lifted up his hand and began running his fingers through the soft black strands of younger brother's hair. A soft and content hum from Daeyoon confirmed that he was indeed helping.

Breakups aren't easy, Chaehyun is more than understanding about that, after all, he had been through his fair share of heartbreaks. So he sympathised with his younger brother and accepted that he would talk when he felt the need to. As of now, Daeyoon just needed his presence and that's it.

"I thought I was gonna marry him," Daeyoon mumbled sadly. "How stupid was I?"

"We all think that at first, you love them so much that you can't envision your life without them. When you think of the future, it's them who you see holding your first-child, them that you marry and make memories with. It's natural, little bro. I've been there."

"Does it get easier?"

Chaehyun nodded his head. "With time, you learn how to live without that person. You soon realize that you survived without them before and you can do it again. In most cases, it's not the person you miss the most, it's the routine and having someone there."

Daeyoon managed to crack a small smile as he glanced up at his older brother, who returned it. Silence took over the room, nothing but soft breaths and the light patter of rain outside of the window could be heard. It was comfortable and exactly what Daeyoon needed to collect his thoughts. Chaehyun also liked the silence, it's not often he gets to experience peace and quiet.

The door creaked open, alerting the two brothers. Granny Kim stood in the doorway with a warm smile and two mugs. At the sight of their grandmother, the two boys lit up.

She stepped into the room and placed the mugs down on Daeyoon's bedside table before taking a seat beside his legs at the bottom of his bed, placing a hand on his ankle she pressed her lips together in a tight and sympathetic smile. As happy as she was that he wasn't getting married, it broke her heart to see him so torn up.

"How are you holding up, sweet pea?" She asked him softly.

Daeyoon shrugged. "My heart aches."

"That's natural, my sweetheart. You really loved him, huh?"

Daeyoon nodded his head and let out a sigh. "But apparently, he didn't reciprocate that love because if he did then he wouldn't have done what he did."

Chaehyun and his grandmother shared a confused look and there was a hint of uncertainty in Chaehyun's eyes. He had been under the impression that it was a mutual breakup or that they had argued, but Daeyoon's choice of words made him think otherwise. Narrowing his eyes, he halted his movements.

"What did he do?"

Daeyoon's eyes softened and the tears brimmed once again but instead of moving on from the subject, he urged himself to be truthful.

"He cheated...multiple times," He spoke casually but there was a strain in his voice that highlighted his pain. "Kissed some guy at the start of our relationship, then started dating this other guy behind my back for three months and when that ended, he began seeing some girl and my dumbass didn't fucking see it until a week ago when the guy messaged me."

Chaehyun's jaw clenched and his puppy eyes hardened. An overwhelming protectiveness took over his body and anger boiled within him. Sensing his annoyance, his grandmother reached over and took his hand. Chaehyun had a history with fighting and he had a bad time controlling his temper, especially when his siblings were involved and now he's an idol, he couldn't afford to go back to that.

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, stop it."

Chaehyun huffed. "I'm thinking of ramming that pricks head against a fucking car door."

"Chae, don't. The last thing I need right now is you being charged for assault besides, I'm sure your company won't be the happiest to hear that either. I'm just as mad as you are, but he'll get what's coming to him. He's just another scum who plays with people's feelings and manipulates the people that love him. He's toxic and I'm better off without him."

Chaehyun sighed in defeat. "Fine-"

His sentence was cut off by the door swinging open to reveal Chaehyun's grandfather, who looked shocked and rather confused with a phone in his hand.

"Hanra's been arrested."

━━━━

"You, young lady, are so goddamn lucky that he didn't choose to press charges," Val Kim fumed as she dragged her granddaughter into the house where her two older brothers and grandfather were waiting.

Daeyoon rushed to hug the teen as she stepped into the living room, meanwhile, Chaehyun hung back. There was a sense of pride within him, however, he was a little worried for her. As much as he was impressed with her, he couldn't have her getting into trouble again. Not when she finally turned her life around.

Once Daeyoon pulled away, she turned to Chaehyun who reluctantly opened his arms for her. Without any hesitation, she ran into his embrace and held him tightly having missed his touch. Chaehyun buried his face into her hair whilst his grandparents smiled at each other.

"This is cute and all but can someone explain what the bloody hell is going on?" Granddad Kim questioned, confused.

"Hanra smashed the windows to Daeyoon's ex-boyfriend's car and wrote 'cheating scum' across it," Granny Kim explained with a sigh.

Chaehyun and Daeyoon burst out laughing whilst their grandfather dropped his cup of tea in shock. "Are all the Kim siblings troublemakers?"

"Apparently so. She clearly takes after Chae."

Chaehyun smiled sheepishly in response.

"Wait, how did you get him to not press charges? That car is his baby!" Daeyoon exclaimed in shock causing Hanra to smirk.

"When I used to go out and you know, cause trouble, I caught him stealing on multiple occasions from the shop and recorded him doing it. He didn't want it getting out, he owes me one for not ratting him out. No biggie." She shrugged.

Chaehyun raised an eyebrow. "Wait, you blackmailed him?"

Hanra nodded with a grin causing their grandmother to hold onto her head with a sigh. "Honestly, she's Chaehyun junior. I need a nap, this never happens again. Am I understood?"

The three all nodded their heads, silently agreeing to the promise.

"Well, this was eventful..." 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

two updates in one day — i actually really like how this chapter turned out for once. 

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway. 

you're greatly appreciated 💚 

— blue x