⊹˚Just like a brother˚⊹

Something was off, Chaehyun could sense it.

Dropping his fresh cup of tea down onto the counter, he glanced around at his surroundings; it was too quiet. Haechan was home...so why is it so quiet?

A soft pant alerted Chaehyun of the dog at his feet. Even she knew something was up as she nuzzled her head against her owner's leg. She then backed away and ran off. After downing the contents inside of the mug, Chaehyun made the decision to follow after her, soon finding himself in Haechan's room.

The younger man was laying in bed with the blankets completely covering his frame. Eleven was stood at the side of him, sniffing away at his bed sheets before looking up at Chaehyun to tell him that something was wrong — she could sense it.

"There's a concerned dog that would like to cuddle you." Was the first thing that Chaehyun said, slightly amused by the way Eleven was desperately trying to get Haechan's attention. Alas, Haechan didn't move a muscle earning a sigh from Chaehyun. This really wasn't like Haechan at all and Chaehyun wasn't too sure how to approach the situation. "Did the Dreamies do something? You want me to go flood their dorm again?"

Yes...again. We don't get into details, let's just say Chaehyun's wallet suffered after that with the damages he had to pay for.

When Haechan didn't reply, Chaehyun was left with no other choice but to yank the covers off of his body earning a loud whine from Haechan, who tried to grab at the material but Chaehyun had already tossed it across the room. With Haechan's face now exposed, Eleven jumped up onto the mattress and began attacking his face with kisses. Even though she was slightly put off by the scent of Daegal that was all over his shirt from when Chenle had brought her to the studio, Eleven knew that Haechan needed some loving. So, she put her jealousy aside just this once.

With his hands tucked inside of the pockets of his joggers, Chaehyun stood back and watched his dog take the lead with an amused smile on his face whilst Haechan struggled under her weight. She was much bigger now and had a lot more power than she used to, making it very hard to avoid her kiss attacks.

"Okay Eleven, that's enough," Chaehyun interrupted, a laugh falling from his lips. When she didn't listen, Chaehyun whistled and she immediately backed off and ran straight towards her owner. She appeared to be very proud of herself. "You good?"

Haechan sat up, wiping the dog saliva off of his face. "She almost killed me."

"Don't be so dramatic, Hyuck. She was comforting you!" Chaehyun reached down and scratched behind Eleven's ears, earning a very happy tail wag. "What's even wrong with you?"

"I've been humiliated," Haechan whined, fiddling with the end of his hoodie.

Now completely interested, Chaehyun straightened out his posture as his inner big brother began to gnaw away at him. "Who by?"

"My voice cracked when I was recording for the Dreamies comeback and the producer began making fun of me," Haechan replied quietly, clearly embarrassed. "I wouldn't mind it usually, it's a joke but he was being kinda aggressive. Just made me feel bad especially since I've just had a horrible day."

Haechan's body swayed to the left as the mattress dipped in where Chaehyun had taken a seat beside him. Squeezing Haechan's knee comfortingly, Chaehyun heaved out a sigh.

"Voice cracks happen to all of us. You've seen my voice crack a thousand times, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, it doesn't make you any less of a good singer. You're one of the best vocalists I have ever heard. That producer wishes he could sound like you." Chaehyun has never been the best with comfort, he's more of the confrontational type but the small smile on Haechan's lips told him that he was somewhat doing a good job.

"You really love me, huh?" Haechan smirked, bumping Chaehyun's shoulder with his own.

Ah, there he is.

Chaehyun's smile melted into an unimpressed frown as he lifted his hand and whacked the back of Haechan's head. "No. I'm just the only one that can hurt your feelings."

"You really are the older brother I've never had." Being the eldest sibling in his family, Haechan had never experienced having an older brother. That was until Kim Chaehyun stepped into his life and became the brother he had always wanted.

Chaehyun laughed and ruffled Haechan's hair. "Don't get all sappy on me."

As much as he teased and playfully bullied Haechan, Chaehyun would always fight his corner just like any other older brother would. So was it really a surprise when Chaehyun marched into the studio and scolded the producer that had hurt Haechan's feelings?

"Hey guess what? The producer apologized to me today!" Haechan boasted, resting his hands on top of the counter before eyeing his elder curiously. "You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would you?"

Chaehyun stood tall, mug in hand sipping from it innocently. "No idea what you're talking about."

_______________________

my last update for chae wasn't even that long ago but i've really missed writing for him. im also in my haechan feels rn so i had to add him in.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you are appreciated, loved and adored 💚

— blue x