✱ The hot dads ✱

Something wasn't right.

Knowing Lucas like the back of his hand, it didn't take much for him to figure out that something was off when the male approached him looking flustered with a twinge of sadness in his eyes.

This was a sight that Lucas didn't like to show often. Everyone saw him as the hyper, loud puppy but Chaehyun saw the tears, he held him through the bad days and he comforted him at his lowest.

Publicly, the two hadn't been acting like a couple. It was a personal decision after they got together that they wanted to keep their intimacy and pda low and act like nothing had changed. Which is why fans began questioning the pair.

Some were mad that they weren't showing much of their relationship. It had been going on for a while, but Chaehyun wasn't aware of how it was hurting Lucas.

The second Chaehyun's arm came around him, the tears began and surprisingly, the eldest of the pair was ready to comfort him as he wiped the first tear away the second it fell.

"What's wrong? Hmm? Something happen?" Chaehyun asked softly, running his fingers through the soft strands of hair on his boyfriends head. "Talk to me."

"They're so mean, Chae."

"We are mean? Tell me who are mean? Has someone said something to you?" The inner protectiveness awoke inside of Chaehyun and he was ready to fight whoever had caused Lucas to cry.

"The comments. They say we're broken up. Some say I'm not good enough for you. Some of them say we're better as friends, some say you deserve better, some say that I'm too ugly for you. They say—"

"They lie. They only see the 'best friends' side to us because that's all we choose to show. They know nothing about our relationship and you are far from ugly. You are more than good enough for me. They just want to hurt you, that's all."

Lucas wiped his eyes and looked away. "You wouldn't—you wouldn't leave me...right? I make you happy, don't I? You don't just see me as a best friend-"

Chaehyun cut Lucas off with a firm kiss on the lips, earning a pleased hum. When they pulled away, Lucas fluttered his eyes open looking slightly dazed as Chaehyun grinned smugly.

"You don't have any idea just how crazy I am for you, do you Wong Yukhei?" Chaehyun shook is head in amusement. "I can't see myself with anyone else but you. The reason my past relationships didn't work out was because my heart belonged to you. We're almost a year into our relationship and I'm already thinking about what kind of engagement ring I'm going to buy you. So do you really think I'm going to leave you?"

A wave of shock washed over Lucas' face whilst Chaehyun smiled confidently. Marriage isn't a topic they have brought up often, both rather timid of making the other uncomfortable but they have both thought about it a lot.

Wiping his eyes, Lucas couldn't hold back a smile as he bumped his shoulder against Chaehyun's.

"You think about marrying me?"

Chaehyun nodded. "Everyday. I think about the future a lot too. Kids and stuff if you want to have them with me. We could adopt or we could look into other options, whichever you want if you do decide that you want to have children with me."

"I would be more than happy to have children with you. A little Chaechae and a little Lucas doesn't sound too bad."

Chaehyun felt himself getting emotional. He had always wanted a kid of his own and to know that Lucas was wanting the exact same thing made him feel really good.

"We'll love them and they will know they're loved. They will never have to question why their parents don't love them and-"

"Chae," Lucas cut in firmly but with a grin as he grabbed onto Chaehyun's hand. "We won't be anything like your parents. Okay? We'll be the complete opposite. I promise."

Chaehyun could only nod, afraid that if he used his words then he would end up crying.

"I think I'd make a pretty cool dad," Lucas spoke thoughtfully.

"Hmm, you'd be one of those hot dads. Like you know the ones on tiktok 'hot dad check' kinda guy. And so would I because look at me. I'm fucking art."

Of course, he had to boost his own ego too. It's not a Chaehyun compliment if he doesn't compliment himself somewhere inside of it.

Lucas smiled and rested his head on Chaehyun's shoulder.

"I love you, Chae."

Chaehyun pressed a sweet kiss to his temple gently.

"I love you more, Lucas."

__________________________

i felt like i hadn't shown enough cute luchlan content lately and it was bothering me.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x