🍾 New Year tears 🍾

New Years Eve, aka Chaehyun's excuse for getting blacked out drunk. Growing up, he had always been the partying type... yes even when he was underage — this man grew up in England, underage drinking is a normal thing, though he doesn't condone it, it happens.

Alcohol and smoking were his comfort when he had nothing else, and along the way he got addicted at a worryingly young age which is exactly why, now he's gotten his life back on track, he tries to steer away from drinking unless it lands on a special occasion.

A New Year is definitely his special occasion.

"How many shots have you had?" Johnny quizzed, eyes wide as he gripped Chaehyun's arm, stopping the younger male from stumbling into the snack table.

Chaehyun giggled and leaned into Johnny's body, the older immediately taking him into his arms to hold him up.

"I lost count after fifteen," Chaehyun replied casually before his eyes lit up with glee. "Hey! I've been thinking, and I want to take up pole dancing- oh my god, is that pizza?"

Pushing himself off of Johnny, Chaehyun drunkly made his way towards the snack table and grabbed two slices of pizza; one for each hand. Amused, Johnny pulled out his phone to video record his member trying to shovel both pizzas into his mouth.

"How much has he had to drink?" Doyoung quizzed, moving to stand beside Johnny.

"He lost count after 15 shots."

Doyoung cringed. As much as he wanted to see Chaehyun having fun, he couldn't help but feel slightly concerned. Chaehyun had trouble knowing when to stop, and the last thing anyone wanted was for him to get too drunk.

"Is he crying?" Johnny asked, squinting his eyes.

"Do you guys think Eleven is happy with me? I took her away from her birth parents and her siblings. Do you guys think I ruined her life? Oh my- what if she hates me? Do you think she's lonely, should I get her a friend?"

Chaehyun began sobbing into the pizza at the idea of his dog resenting him.

"This is all you." Johnny patted Doyoung on the back before walking away.

Doyoung sighed and pried the pizzas out of Chaehyun's hands, tossing them in the bin before he began wiping the tears off of his cheeks with a napkin. Chaehyun stood like a large child, letting his elder wipe away his tears.

The stretch of alcohol surrounded him, but Doyoung paid no mind.

"You've given Eleven an amazing home, she loves you more than anything and no, I do not think she needs a friend. You know how jealous she gets when she has to share."

Chaehyun nodded sadly followed by a pitiful sniffle.

Once the tears were wiped, Chaehyun's mood switched immediately. Doyoung let out a low groan as the tall, puppy like male ran off to find Haechan after stating that his 'world was dull and he needed his sun'.

It took approximately 5 seconds for Doyoung to locate the pair after hearing Haechan's dramatic screech.

On the sofa was a very traumatised Haechan, and on top of him was Kim Chaehyun with his arms around Haechan's neck and his head tucked into his shoulder.

"I missed you so much, never change. You're just such a great person-" Chaehyun hiccuped and then continued, "you make me so happy and I may threaten to put you in a body bag-"

"You threaten to do what?" Doyoung asked sternly.

"But I just care about you so much and I wish you realized that. Never change, thank you for being you."

Haechan looked like he was on the verge of tears as he hugged Chaehyun back tightly.

"This is disgustingly wholesome," Doyoung commented, crinkling his nose.

"I just snotted on your shirt, very sorry."

Haechan heaved and peered down at his shirt.

"And he ruined the moment. Okay, Chae. I think it's time to get you some water."

Doyoung tugged Chaehyun away from Haechan and pushed him towards the kitchen, sitting him down on one of the stools before holding his hand out.

"Stay."

Chaehyun giggled. "Arff!"

"That made me uncomfortable. Just sit there and stay there, the countdown to midnight starts in about 5 minutes."

Chaehyun's drunken mind was slowly starting to slow down, the adrenaline began to calm and his eyes were starting to sting.

"I think I should run a marathon naked."

"And I think that's the worst idea that you have ever had."

"So no nakey running?"

"No nakey running," Doyoung replied softly, handing Chaehyun the cold bottle of water.

"Drink up, the new year is approaching."

Several minutes went by before the collective counting began. Doyoung practically carried Chaehyun towards the others, letting him rest on him as the count down began.

" 8 "

" 7 "

" 6 "

" 5 "

" 4 "

" 3- Fuck 2021"

" 2 "

" 1 "

"Happy New Year!" The group all screamed at once.

Laughter and cheers poured into the room as people hugged, clapped, and jumped up and down excitedly. Chaehyun was hollering, almost deafening Doyoung, who could only shake his head in amusement.

It's like taking care of a big child.

_________________

happy new year my loves, i hope you have an amazing 2022.

i am not officially writing for chaehyun frequently yet, i broke up with my bf last night and im not doing so good, and as a lot of you know, chae is my comfort oc so i decided to update for him to try and take some pain away.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x