¤ Nothing to wear ¤

"I really hope whoever this guy is, realizes how much of a brat you are and breaks up with you."

Steam practically emitted from Johnny's ears, stood in the centre of Chaehyun's room which had become a clothing dump with the majority of Chaehyun's closet scattered across the floor. Six shirts crumpled together in the Seo's grip, dangled from his hands as he threw out an exasperated sigh only to be smacked in the face with what he hoped was a clean pair of underwear that Chaehyun was throwing over his shoulders frantically.

The growing throwing of expensive material soon came to an abrupt stop and the Kim boy slammed his hands down in aggravation before closing his draws with a bang. "That's it! I'm not going! I have literally no clothes!"

"You have clothes, you're just a diva with bad style!" Johnny shot back at him, seemingly equally annoyed by Chaehyun's lack of choice despite his room looking like a literal shop. Throwing himself down on top of Chaehyun's duvet, Johnny stuffed his face into Eleven's fur, the latter making a soft bark before rolling onto her side with an expectant paw raise. Johnny glowered at her for a moment, but the puppy dog eyes captured him and his hand went to her belly before his brain could process the action. He shook his head. "You're just as high maintenance as your daddy."

"Her daddy won't be calling anyone daddy tonight if I don't magically gain a new wardrobe!" Chaehyun grumbled. Johnny turned to look at him with a look of sheer judgment, his hands reaching up to cover Eleven's ears despite the crude comment already being out in the open.

"Don't say that in front of the baby."

Chaehyun only cried dramatically. He was laying on the floor, a pile of clothes cushioning his body and welcoming his face which he threw into a ball of sweatshirts with yet another cry.

Johnny watched him for a moment before peering around the room. Chaehyun had never been this picky—dramatic, sure, but picky about clothes? Never. He'd seen the boy throw on a crumpled up pair of clothes that had ketchup stains on them and leave the house to meet up with friends like it was no big deal. He had never cared about how people saw him, so whoever this mystery guy is, Johnny knew he had to be someone special.

Chaehyun's after gym date had gone exceptionally well. He had never laughed as much as someone else's jokes in his entire life. When they arranged for a second date, he was far too stoked to ask for more time, allowing his mystery dream boat to schedule it for two days later with no information on how to dress. Sure, he could've just texted and asked to push back the date until he had more time to prepare, and he did call and ask about what he should wear to which he received a vague 'whatever makes you happy, you'd look good in a potato sack'. Chaehyun had gotten all giggly and failed to realize that the reply was flattery, not informative.

"Can you at least give me a hint to who this person is? If I know them then maybe I can tell you what they're into?"

Chaehyun stayed silent for a moment before lifting his head from the pile of clothes, cheeks red from the mixture of materials rubbing at his skin. "You swear you won't tell the others?" He asked, lifting up his pinky.

It's not that Chaehyun didn't want his members knowing—well, it's exactly that but not in a 'i'm so ashamed i can't have anyone knowing' way, but more of a 'i got out of a painful public relationship and want to make sure we work before anything' type of way.

Johnny smiled at the childish promise lock, and wrapped his pinky around Chaehyun's. "I swear."

And with a breath, Chaehyun replied. "Okay, well it's..."

___________

Seven outfit changes, one crying session and almost a whole bottle of cologne later, Chaehyun was walking alongside Han River with his hunk of a date. Chaehyun was thankful that he had stuck with casual attire, a long coat protecting him from the nipping air with a mask covering the bottom half of his face.

They weren't holding hands, but they were pretty darn close with their fingers brushing against each other every now and then. Chaehyun almost scoffed at the Kdrama-like setting which Blue had forced him into.

[ a/n: sorry my love :) ]

Still, he was throughly enjoying the date—well, if he could even call it that. The pair hadn't exactly discussed what 'this' was. Whether it was a friendly thing or not, Chaehyun had no idea but he didn't want to ask either in fear of making things awkward.

"How about we play a game?" His date suggested with the widest of smiles, eyes gleaming with joy at his own clever suggestion, Chaehyun didn't have the heart to deny so he found himself nodding.

"Alright. What game?"

There was a glimpse of mischief in the eyes of he who shall not be named as of right now because Blue likes to make people suffer. And before Chaehyun could progress what was happening, his crush had taken off running throwing a laugh over his shoulder.

"Second date if you can catch me!"

And that's all it took for Chaehyun to set off after him. Now, Kim Chaehyun is no gym rat nor did he enjoy p.e but he is athletic. So, with the goal of a second date being practically dangled in front of him like a sugary treat, Chaehyun mustered up every ounce of energy in him and ran like his life depended on it.

Chaehyun's hands tingled, March air rising a red tint to the tips of his fingers. When he was in close enough distance, he pushed himself off of his feet and landed directly onto the back of who he hoped would be his future boyfriend one day.

Laughter mixed together as the victim's hands held the back of Chaehyun's thighs to keep him steady, the pair smiling fondly as Chaehyun rested his chin on his date's shoulder, eyes twinkling with excitement.

"So, another date?"

"Can't wait."

______________________

ew the ending sucked.

i am currently in the process of taking a break to see where i want my account to go, but this idea popped into my mind and i just couldn't resist!

how do you think i should reveal the love interest? i hope i haven't already i kept writing his name by mistake.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed.

you're greatly appreciated 💚

— blue x