Ch. 18. Fucking Drug

Jasmine's POV

"How did you know him?" Liza leaned to me, folding her hands with a raised brow.

" Yes! And where did you went with the boy? I called you but your phone was switched off. What happened?" Ramu kaka looked at me, more questions wave in his eyes.

I gulped and take a deep breath. They are shooting questions after questions to me. Which one should I answer first?

Ok. Time to answer. I gave them the most innocent smile I can manage.
"Nowhere. Just dinner. We met before, at Delhi." I throw up the lies I practiced from hours. In this rate I will be the topmost liar of the year very soon. But it looks like I am succeed. The questions waving at their faces are now vanished.

"But you didn't told me that you knew him." Liza nagged. "Wait! You didn't knew who he was, right? Ramu kaka you know, he occasionally comes to India. I am thinking why he is here."

" How did you know about him so much?" Where from she collected all the information?

" Well, one year ago he gave an interview to the media. That's from I knew. Can you believe his company became one of the top ten when he was just 18! And he is now just 24."

" Ok. Now can you please stop praising him?" I snapped at her. Why can't she looks after her own jobs? If she only knows how dengerous is he!

"Kaka, I am fine. Actually I lost my phone. So I can't contact with you. You don't have to worry about me all the time." I paused and said in a bitter way, " I am not going to lose again, I am holding myself. You also have your own share of works and you need to take care of them. Now go."

" Ok. I will remember how you kick me out from your clinic." Ramu kaka sighs.

" What! No. Kaka... I... I didn't mean it. Oh Allah! Kaka I am sorry. Kaka I swear..." I frantically stammered. Me and my idiot mouth! I never ever said something like this to him. What I should do?

They both laughed out loudly. I stopped my rambling and looked at them. Why are they laughing like this?

"I was joking beta." Kaka is still laughing. They are kidding! And here I am.. I feel my cheeks colored. I pouted.

"Not fair, kaka. Stop."

"Ok, ok, Liza stop." Kaka warns her, who is still grinning ear to ear.

" I'm leaving." Kaka stands. "And Mina Beta, they called again. They told that they are still waiting for you."

I stilled. The lightness of the room is gone and filled by gloominess, a serious layer of tention filled. I looked down at my hands. I'm thinking what to say, how to say. The memories. I dive into the memory lane. Those days, those nights. The worst phase of my life. If not for them, I can't overcome. The darkness washed away and replaced by light by them. I miss them. I miss too much. But I can't. Not now. Not ever.

"I'm not going to give you any advices. It's your life. Your choices. You don't have to ruin it for other ones choices. And you know yourself better."

I just looked at him and give him a nod. He left the clinic. It's for the best. I can't spend my time in some silly plays. I have a duty, and I need to fullfill it.

"Are you ready for the day?" Liza give me a smile and change the topic.

★★★★★

"Treat them."

I was in the middle of checking an woman when a loud thud is being heard. Someone has opened the door too loudly. I heard a recently familiar voice. I groaned loudly and released the woman.