Ch. 54. Love is more confusing than you

JASMINE'S POV

As I stand in front of the main gate of Ramu Kaka's house I can't but thought about all the months I spent at Delhi. And I can't forgot the loneliness. But everything has a expiry date and the world don't rotate around only me. So it's better to leave the past behind and move onto the life. There are always be so much things that we will be misses from time to time, but it's natural and normal. Time washes away the memories, however deep they are.

I hadn't thought that he would take me back, but I am not alone here. They all also back with me. And after their continuous nagging of staying at their house, I still am here. It's my home town and I don't want to people see me staying at an all males house, though their house is out of the city, just like mine. So here I am, standing at the doorstep of Ramu Kaka's, cause my house is locked and the keys should be here with Kaka.

I took a deep breath to calm down myself and ring the bell. After the third ring the door opened, and I give a dazzling smile to Kaka, who I guess just wake up from him afternoon nap, wearing a woolen kurta and pants.

"Kaka! I am back."

"Jass! When did you came back? You hadn't even called me! Come inside." He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside, leaving my two suitcase bags behind.

"You are in this attair? It's getting cold and you are without any warm clothes. Wait till you catch a cold. This girl! And what happened to your forehead? Why is it taped up?"

"Kaka, Kaka, Kaka! Take a breathe. Okay, be cool. You are asking questions after questions. At least let me answer them." I huffed and he finally stopped his rambling. "Okay, so first of all, I am sorry I didn't call you beforehand. And yes, I am here. And for the clothes, it still warm at Delhi, so I didn't need them till now. And you left my bags out there." I points at the door.

"Oh! I didn't notice. But what is this?" He points his finger at the cut of my forehead and I winched.

"Nothing, just a small accident. So, can I rest? I am so tired of the jet lag." I dropped down on the couch.

"Yes, yes. I totally forgot. What am I doing? Instead of letting you take a rest I am asking you nonsenses."

"You know it's the first stage of getting old." I gulped down water.

"No need to getting all doctor over me. I am still young." Kaka placed the bags beside the staircase. "By the way, where is your cat? You always talk about it, where is it?"

"Umm... Well... He is dead... So... That's all... I guess." I uncomfortably scratches my hands and it doesn't get unnoticed by Kaka. He thinned his lips at me but let it go.

"You don't have to talk about him if you don't want to. Is everything okay?"

"Yes. Of course, I am just tired. I am taking a nap." I stands up.

"Wait. You don't want to eat anything?"

"No. I have eaten."

"Okay, then go and take rest. I will call at dinner."

"Okay Kaka, make your naan roti and gosht nihari, okay?" I eagerly looks at him and he chuckles.

"Okay beta!"

I laughed and went upstairs to the guest room. After a warm shower I feel like less tired and slumped down on the bed. Finally after a long time I suddenly feels like everything is fine. But as I lie on the bed I feel like lonely, so lonely. And then I realizes that I am missing them. Not only Aman but Mike, Jordan and even Marshall, the always cocky one. And laying on the bed I keep thinking about all the happy moments and slowly dive into the land of sleep.