Ch . 4 . First meeting

Jasmine's POV

Sometimes I wonder that I am very lucky to born and live in such a beautiful place. The Himalayan mountains scenery is such a blessing that can make anyone fall in love with it. Specially it's morning beauty. Most time it's Misty and cold but sometimes when the mist did not fall and sun spread its golden glow in the valley, The scenery becomes heavenly. Just like today. Although I am not such an early riser, in 7:30 a.m. when I woke, the environment automatically changes my mood to good. A Blue throated barbet from the nearest rhododendron tree softly sings as I drinks my tea seated on my front lawn remembering my past.

I want to forget it, tries hard to block myself from the past. Today I again woke up at night with a nightmare. After almost four years I can't and don't know how to make the past leave and begin with my new life. Sometimes I think that I should leave the place, start from somewhere else where there is no memories of my parents. But I can't leave my mom's clinic, it's her dream. I have no one left home, no relatives, none. just my neighbours, some of whom loves me and some others hates me. Typical neighbours. Some friends with whom I am not connected and nothing else.

This lawn was me and my father's favourite place. We always drink our morning and evening tea in here. Mom planted a lot of flower plants. This place was looked so beautiful. But now its ruined. The flower plants are died years ago, I can't take care of them. I Drink tea in here when my mood is lifted. In my house there is not a single item of my parents. I packed all  of their things and left into the store room after I came back finishing my study. A lot of people told that I don't love my parents so I left all of their things, not a single picture of them is left in the house. I can't make them understand that I am trying to not to remember them. I don't know how others console themselves when they lost their dear ones. But I am trying my best to forget them, because if I keep remember them I again feel the pain, and I don't want to feel the pain anymore which I am trying to fight from the last four years. I know I am selfish but I can't bear it anymore.

Suddenly the ringing of my phone broke me from my situation. The tea is now cold and the bird is long gone. I look at my phone and see that it is Ramu kaka calling.

"Hello kaka, what happened? why are you calling me? are you ok?" I tried to ask as normally as I can, because I know Ramu Kaka only called me in emergency.

"Wait beta, stop panicking! Kuch nahi hua hai mujhe. Lata's father in law is passed away and I have to go to there. That's for I am calling you" Ramu Kaka said hurriedly.

"Oo! I think that something happens to you." I asked "when will you go?"

"Right now. And I will come after 3 days. I am sorry beta but you know that I have to go. I will try to come as soon as possible but can't before 3 days."

"No problem Kaka, I will manage. Say my greetings to Lata di, ok". Lata di is Ramu Kaka's only daughter.

"Yes, beta. I am leaving now. Take care".

"Yeah sure." And I cut the call.

Ramu Kaka watches the clinic and take care of it. When I was studying at Delhi, he take great care of it and stills. I don't think that I can ever find someone who loves me as much after my parents.

At 9:30 a.m. I come to my clinic and see that the door is still closed. I mean where is Liza? She should come before me. "Ahh!" I groans.' that girl' I thinks and called her.

" Liza where are you? It's almost 10 a.m. when will you come?" I asked in one breath.

"Um Jasmine! are you forget? I told you that I can't come today. I have a date. Did you forget?" Liza said and I remembered.

"Shit! I am sorry, I forget. Enjoy your date" I end the call.

' Looks like I have to handle everything alone ' I mumbled and open the lock.

The day is gone as usual like the other days from past 5 months. At 7 p.m. I am ready to go to home. On returning home I stops in front of the bakery on main road, I have to buy some bread. I got down from my scooty and looks at the road for crosses it. But suddenly I see a cat on the road. It's look like afraid to the cars. I have to do something. I was thinking about it when a car came in front of the cat and I rushed towards the cat to save it. The car stops a mere feet near it and the cat hids under the car.

"Oh no!" I said and tries to take it out under the car. Meanwhile the driver come to me and shouted something but I don't listen to him and trying to find the cat. He again said something and now I am angry. I mean what dude! I am here trying to save the cat and the man is shouting at me!

"Can you please shut up for a minute?" I said and again trying to touch the cat. It backs a little but then slowly come to me and I took it and stands up. It really a cute little cat, a mixture of black and white, so beautiful. And I kisses it. It's so damn adorable and nested in my arms.

Then I heard a new voice talking to me.
"You are hurt".

I look at the next voice. He is very handsome like the other one who was shouted at me few minutes ago. But when I looked at his eyes I just surprised!
' it's exactly same in colour as mine!' I thought and blinked to see if I am wrong. But no! it's the same as mine, amber coloured eyes. I never saw someone's eyes with this colour except me. Don't know why but feels like some kind of deja vu. The cat is stirred in my hand and I come back to my senses.

"Oh! It's nothing. At least the cat is safe now". I really mean it and started to pet it.

On reaching home I place the cat on the coach and begin to washes my blooded hand. I don't know that I was hurt until the man shows me. They don't look like from here. The Shouting guy is definitely foreigner, maybe they are tourists. Who cares. I have to make something to eat. The cat is now out of my sight. I can't see it. I left a bowl of milk for him in a corner of the kitchen and thinks what should I cook. Then my phone is begin to ring. Now who is it? it's already 8 p.m. and Ramu kaka  already called me twice. I see an unknown number and frowningly pick up the phone.

"Hello"

" Is it Ms. Jasmine Junaid?" Someone asked.

"Yes it's me.who is it?" I asked thinking who is it might be.

" Oh hello mam,  myself Amit Kumar from M. J. Drugs & co. You ordered some medicine and I come to deliver them. Can you please come to your clinic?"

"Ok thanks Amit. But I think that you were coming on tomorrow?" I asked. "And it's kinda late right now, can't I get them tomorrow?" I replied looking at the sky through the window to see that clouds are gathering.

"I know, but I come fast, and if I deliver these than I can go back to my place early. So can you...."

" Ok ok! I am coming, wait for 20 minutes". I said without finishing him his words.

"Ok, I should go " I mumbled and took the keys of the scooty. I don't call Liza knowing that she would be tired after her date.

On reaching my clinic, I see the man waiting at the door. Its already starts raining. I should hurry. Most of the place is now sleeping as it gets colder with the rain.

After delivering the parcels and the kits the man left. I am now alone and it's raining heavily. It's now over 10 p.m. and I can't go home. There are some rowdies always drinking and doing stuffs late night and I am not interested to face them.

"Looks like I have to sleep here." I yawned and closed the door. After turn off the lights I make myself easy on the chair."Good night, sleep tight." I tell myself and closed my eyes.