Ch. 36. Making a brother

Jasmine's POV

"Where am I?"

It's the first thing came in my mind. I tried to open my eyes, but they felt so heavy that I can't. I took deep breaths to calm down my racing heart. I tried to feel my fingers, tried to move them, and they did. But it's painful. A long beeping sound coming from somewhere, it's Irritating me. I tried to move my body, a dull pain is everywhere.

I opened my eyes only to shut them tightly for the bright light. I winched and groans, moving my head left and right. My neck ached, maybe for staying in the same position for some time. My head is throbbing badly. I opened my eyes, blinking rapidly to clear my dull vision.

The white wall and white ceiling. I groaned again, loudly. The faint smell of medicine and phenyl is too familiar to me to understand where am I. And the long beeping noise coming from the machine placed near my head is too Irritating.

I sits up on the hospital bed. Looking around I noticed the room, a VIP cabin. I rolled my eyes, but my head hurts any slight movement. There is an oximeter on my finger, I removed it and placed on the table standing next my bed. Next thing I did to pull out the saline syringe from my left hand. This is ridiculous, did they thought that I am dead! What is this? A VIP cabin, this much medical care, really? I huffed out loudly and slid off from the bed.

A wave of dizziness hit me and I gripped the bed tightly, trying to stand still on my legs. Slowly the dizziness gone, left me with weaker legs. I loosen my grip, a sharp pain felt in my right palm. It's bandaged.

"What is this?" I looked up and down my palm. "Why is my hand is bandaged?"

Then I noticed the slightly faded bruse on my wrist.

"Oh! So that's it from when I fall...." My eyes began to glistening. I blinked to make it go away, it's not the time to cry, it's not the time. Aman is surely angry with me, but then who took me here?

Slowly everything came into my mind. Mike! Mike was there. A shiver runs down my body remembering that incident. No, Jass, no. Think something else, something else. But there is nothing to think right now, nothing comes in my mind. I grabbed the glass of water and drink it in one gulp, causing to fall some water on my dress.

"Aahh! Really!" I frustratingly fall back my head up and down. I looked at the bathroom and went inside.

After finishing my business I put some water on my face. Though I really want to take a bath, but I don't know where is my dress. So until someone come to see me it's not going to happen. I take a look at myself. My hair is actually nicely braided, I don't know how to braid hair. So it's maybe one of the nurse's doing. My face feel hot, I have a fever. And my eyes are a little bit red. I left a sigh and came out.

"There you are!"

I startled. In front of bed standing my classmate cum band partner Dr. Riv. I smiled at him.

"Hi, Riv."

"Hey! You're up. Come here."

I went to him and sit on the bed, he standing near me.

"Let me check you.... "

"Stop that. I am perfectly fine. Look." I turned left and right to show him how much fit I am.

"No, you are not. What happened?"

"How are you? I miss you guys so much. Where are the others? Are they all good?" I asked him.

"Jasmine, don't rotate my question. What happened? And why are you ignoring us from so long?"

"Nothing happened, just a little accident. You knew how was it, right?" I am not going to tell him anything. I don't want to create problems for him. "So, how long I am here?" I chuckled a bit to keep the tention away.