Ch. 33. you ruined me

"I will stay by your side even when the dark night arrives,
When I touch your dreams, the fear disappears."

Jasmine's POV

" You better not." I told myself, looking at his passing figure.

I am so happy today. After a long time I feel so much happiness. It's like I can finally came out from my darkness, all thanks to Aman and Mike. Who can tell that the mafia men are sweet. But it looks like that their sweetness is just towards me. I need to learn them to be polite to everyone, especially Aman.

I smiled myself, I can't help it. My heart leaps up whenever Aman is near. He just gone and I am already missing him. What's wrong with me? No I should not think about him. I am here to enjoy and watch everything. So I should. It's not that he will left me here alone.

I took a deep breath and prepare myself. Till now Aman is with me, so I didn't feel anything. But now, when he is not with me, I am feeling so lonely in the crowd, and a creeping nervousness. As if all of these people are looking at me, whispering about me. I can feel someone's gaze on my back, and I turned around. But no one is looking at me. Everyone is busy in themselves. Soft music can be heard from the fundraising event.

"What should I do?" I told myself. Then my eyes follow the large buffet and I smiled looking at that. "That's it. My next mission, eating cupcakes." I went to it. People are also here, eating and chatting. I ignore all of them and began to fill my plate with cupcakes, each and every flavor.

"Who are you?"

I was just going to put the first cake in my mouth when someone asked from behind. I looked around me and turned around to face her.

"Are you asking me?" It's the same girl who called for Aman just a few minutes ago. She is dressed in a short red cocktail dress.

"Of course you. Is here anyone else standing next you?" I don't like her tone, it's nasty. "You are with Mr. Oberoi, right?"

"Who? Oberoi? Oh! Aman? Yes, yes. But he is not here. If you want to meet him come some time later." I actually forgot Aman's full name.

"I will meet with him later. But who are you? You doesn't look like a Delhi girl. And what are you two doing together?" She crosses her hands.

"Why do you asking me like this? And who are you?"

"Who am I is none of your concern. You looks like a good girl, so I am saying you this: stay away from him. He is going to drop you very soon."

"Shut up!" I loudly snap at her. "I don't know who are you but you have no right to say anything bad about others. Who gave you that right? Ha!"

"Fool girl. Do you even know him?" She chuckled and came closer to me. "Tell me truly, he didn't fuck you? right? Cause if he slept with you, he would left you the next second." She whisper in my ear.

"Wh.... What are you talking about? Don't you have any shame? How could you even say something like this?" My hands began to shake nervously as my voice breaks.

"What? I wasn't wrong. By the way, you should slept with him. Believe me, he can give so much ple...."

"Stop it." I turned opposite. But she follows me. "Stop talking false things about him."

"False things!" She mocked me. "I am not lying. I am just trying to help you. To not fall on his trap."

"Trap?"

"Yes. He is a womanizer, a playboy. He is toying with you. Who knows how many girls are there in his life before me and after me."

"What? What do you mean by before you and... " My voice clouded.