Ch. 20. Realisation.

Jasmine's POV

"Mommy hurry up. We are going to be very late for you."

"Yes, yes, I am coming. Give me one second."

" You are telling this from the last ten minutes. We are going to lose our reservation of dinner. Papa! Tell na." I whinned again.

I turned 18 two months ago. But for Papa's business reason they can't come to wish me. I now live in Delhi for my medical study. My parents rented me a house as they didn't want me to live at campus hostel. Though they can't come to my birthday, they gave me my best birthday gift, a car, which I wanted so long. So as soon as I turned 18 papa gifted it to me. And I am so happy. Today I am going to impress them by my driving  for the first time.

"So Mommy, how is the food?" I chripped in excitement. She just hummed but Papa give me a thumb up. Mommy noticed that and begin to eat with a smile.

"So how is your study is going?" Mommy asked me and I gulped. I knew it will be coming. And for my own good I didn't answer back. Just kept stuffing my mouth with food.

"Can we talk about it later?" Papa saved me by noticing my expression. I sighed in relief.

After dinner we started to return to my house and I willingly took the long route to show them my driving skills. On coming here Papa didn't let me to drive and it's my turn now. Me and Papa are laughing and trying to make different moves and turns.

"Are you two done with your play? Then Jasmine I need to talk to you." Mommy said from the back seat.

" Mommy why are you gumbled so much? Can't we talk after returning home?" I accused her.

" Gumbled? Am I gumbled? And what are you doing here? We send you here for study, not to waste your precious time at singing on some stupid band!" Mommy shouted. I looked at Papa for help, but he also has the same look on his face.

"And what's with the semester results? You just barely passed! Like hell you are going to be a doctor like this."

" Mommy I told you before, I don't want to be a doctor, I don't like this. This much blood makes me sick." I told her timidity.

" Raji! She didn't want it. Why are you forcing her?" Papa at last stopped mommy. "If she wants to be a singer of some band, then what's wrong with it? At least they didn't perform on some club or bar as I saw, just some five star restaurants and at reserved places. Is not it, Beta? " Papa looked at me and I nodded my head, eagerly. Praying to Allah for make my mommy understand at last.

"No." Mommy shouted. "And what if they had to travel places for their performances? I hardly let her stay here for her study. If it my will, I'll always keep her with myself. I need her to be a doctor so that we can run the clinic always. Jass!" Mommy pleaded to me, " It's my only wish. I don't want you to go anywhere."

I didn't say anything. It's true that my parents are overly protective of me. They never, and I mean never leave me alone anywhere.

"But Raji! What about..." Papa protests but Mommy cut him again. I just drive with a saddened heart, my throat hurts.

" But nothing. I didn't want similar incident of your sister. God if anything happens to my..." Mommy cried out loudly.

I noticed from the side vision that Papa is also grabbed the seatbelt tightly. We now barely talked about my aunt.

"Your mother is right. Concentrate on your study and stop your timepass." Papa suddenly become too cold. And it's their final decision.

They left no argument. I just nodded and drive. They didn't understand my wills. They never did. Sometime it feels like they trapped me in some cage. My eyes filled with tears and I didn't notice how speedily I am driving until Papa shouted at me.