Ch. 23 Cold, Warmth

Jasmine's POV

"Lost! What did you mean by we are lost?"

" Lost. Mean we are alone in this vast forest without having any idea where to go. Why did you runned into the forest? Can't get to the road?" Aman mocked me.

"Are you really saying this to me? I am not deaf. I heard what the man said. They were baited me for you! It's your mistake. Don't you put me in your mess. I don't want to be here." I went before him and blocked his path. But he just shrugs and passes me by taking another step.

"What?" I grabbed his hand. "You just can't ignore me."

"You know I like this side of you. Chattering, muttering, blabbering." He free his hand. "Then why put the bloody fake mask on your face every time." He harden his face.

"I am not putting any fake on me. You just have to bring the worst of my." I huffed. "And you are the one with two faces. With some you are the great business man, and to some a dengerous mafia man. Can't you still at one?"

" Is there something like care I heard?"

" No. Nothing." I swear if he tease me one more time I will surely bang his head on a tree. But who am I kidding! He will kill me long before.

"Are you cursing me in your mind? I don't care if you do. Just keep it a little bit dirty."

I chock on air. "I don't curse."

"Too goody shoes I see. Don't worry, I will teach you some." I threw him a murderous glance. He returned it with a chuckle.

"You are..... Yeah Allah!" I stormed behind him. "There are bodies left, and you are smiling like this. We have nowhere to stay inside from the cold, but you still acting like this. Can you please be serious for just one moment!" He stopped and I collides with him.

" It's not my first time and also not the last. So just shut up and walk otherwise I will leave you here."

I stopped talking and follow him. I didn't notice it before, but in this night time there is a lot of noises can be heard. Maybe some animals or insects. I was so busy shouting at Aman, the thought never came to me that here can be some wild animals nearby. I tried to think if I heard any kind of animal attacks recently. I gulped and take a look around. What if some leopard or wolf or something else attacks us. And the cold! It's killing me. The fact that we are on the way of Rishikesh, it's more cold then Dheradun. I am still shivering except wearing Aman's jacket. I looked at him. He is on his own way leading the path, where I have no idea. Sometime he looked at the sky. He is wearing a shirt, isn't he is cold? I can't bear it and asked him,
"Don't you feel cold?"

"No." He paused and said, "I lived in Russia. It's nothing."

" But didn't you told me that you are from Italy?"

" Yes. But we travel a lot."

" As you are right now." I tugged my dress which is stuck in a bush. "That mean you will leave". I asked him but the thought of his gone did something inside.

"Why? Too much eager to free from me?" He teased but I didn't answer back.

Trekking through the forest took a toll on me. After all of these walking I am now tired. I fall behind a little. Suddenly a nocturnal bird cried out nearby. I jumped in fear and tightly grabbed Aman's hand with my both hands.

"Relax. It's just a bird." He amuses. "And also can you please loosen you grip? Are you trying to pull out my hand from its shocket?"

I muttered a immediate 'sorry' and leave his hand. But the next second he holds my hand. His hand is also cold like mine, meaning he is also affected by the weather.