Ch. 8. Kidnapped!!!

Jasmine's POV

"Liza, how many patients are still?" I asked Liza frustratingly.

"2 more." She shouted.

"Ok, no more, make them last. I am going to home".

"What! It's 2 p.m. it's too early". She exclaimed.

"I am tired".

"Are you sick? I see you are doing this from the last two days. If you didn't concentrate on your job then not a single person will come here for treatment. Are you understand this?" She comes to me and holds my hand.

I left a sigh and nodded my head in understanding.

"Look, I think you need a break. Take one or two weeks leave and go on a vacation. There are a lot of places to see, to enjoy yourself. Live a little. Relax. If you don't feel happiness then how you will be able to treat others?"

I smiled and said "you talks like a psychologist, you know!"

"Well then, you are my first patient." She chuckles. "Now see them and you are free to go."

"Give me 5minutes" I said to her and left for the bathroom.

After doing my business, I sprinkle water on my face and looks at the mirror. A face, without any sign of joy, blinks back at me with dull eyes. At a time I loved my eyes so much, whenever I watched mirror I take a good time to explore my eyes, paint them with khols and many other eye cosmetics. But now I lost interest. They are become dull and lifeless like me. I tried, I tried so hard , thinking that I will overcome, but no! I still trapped there. The last two days I tried not to consume sleeping pills. But then I woke up both nights having nightmare and then awake the rest of night. I faced the problem before, but that time I was busy with medical exams. So I awakened most of the nights for studies. But I am here alone in this house and I am thinking that I am going to lost my sanity.

I also can't visit many patients recently. I can't really concentrate. With the enthusiasm I started, is lost on mere months. Maybe it is also my fault. Though I don't want to be a doctor, I become, because I thought that me and Mommy ( mother) will work together and I will continue her dream. But looks like I also failed in it.

Ramu kaka came back a day ago. He at the first sight understand and asked me what happened and if I am ok or not. He is like my second father and I told him about the nightmares though I don't want to tell him. I am now irritate with myself. Am I that vulnerable that everyone can see my suffering? First Ramu kaka and then Liza. I need to put the straight mask on my face which I carried on last four years.

I come back from the bathroom and see that a boy, about 8 years old sits with his mother. On seeing me, he turns at me and smiled. Avay, one of the cutest boy in the world ( in my opinion)  was came two weeks ago with tooth problem. That kid can make anyone fall in love with him by his single smile.

"Aunty!" He cheers, "look we have same dress" and shows me his white shirt. I look at my dress, it's a black flowery skirt and a white shirt.

 I look at my dress, it's a black flowery skirt and a white shirt