Ch. 46 Breaking down

Jasmine's POV

"It's done. Take the painkillers after you eat something. Then I am taking my leave, Mr. Oberoi." The doctor left after nursing my hand.

"Thanks Doctor, sorry for bothering you." I give him a tight smile.

"It's my duty."

I looked down at my now bandaged hand, a thick silence fall around me. Kitty is purring against my shoulder continusly as I run my fingers over his fur. Aman and Mike both are sitting on the couches, I can feel their gazes on me.

I began to fumble with my fingers, a regular habit of mine whenever I feel uncomfortable or even nervous. I looked up and my eyes meet with Aman's firey amber ones. Just one glance and I lower my eyes. But it was enough for my heart to do a somersault inside. He is still looking at me and for saying it's really frightening. I can't bear the look on his eyes. As if he is digging inside my heart and getting the answers he wants.

I jumped up from the seat as Kitty climbed off from me. Even his every movement gets me in antsy. The fear of loosing him is clutching me, I can't even let him out of my eyes for a moment.

"Where are you going?" Aman stopped me from following Kitty.

"Kitty. I think he is hungry." I walked past him. But he stands in front of me, blocking my view.

"Mike, can you feed it?" Aman points at Kitty and Mike hummed.

"His name is Kitty, not 'it'." I frowned.

"Follow me." Aman rolled his eyes.

"No." I denied. "His name is Kitty. Can't you say that? Why does you hate him so much?"

"What!" Aman scoffed. "It's just a cat, Fiore! And have you seen you check? There is even a claw scratch."

"He didn't do it."

"Then who?" I stilled. No, I can't tell him who did it. Then she.... No, no, what should I say? What should I?

"No one, it just happened."

"Liar!" Aman hissed. I tried to say something but he insists. "Now don't say anything and just come with me." I stands there, Unmovingly. Aman can't know what happened before. I am not going to tell him. I can't risk Kaka's life. Not with the wicked Rachael.

"What!" Aman grabs my unwounded hand and dragged me behind him. I tried to free from him clutches, but his grip is too tight. He dragged me all the way to rooftop, near the pool.

"Sit." I sit on the lounge chair nervously, who knows what going on in his mind. He sits in front of me. "Now talk."

"Wh.... What?" I cleared my throat.

"What happened?" Aman grabs my chin.

"I told you before, I cut my palm on broken china...." I winched as Aman pressed my chin between his fingers.

"Tsk! Tsk! Lying again Fiore mio! If someone cuts his or her hand, the first thing they do is nursing their hand, not run away far. Now stop lying and say the truth." Aman slowly rubs his thumb over my scratched check.

"I just want to go out." I mumble.

"Okay. Let's thought that you are telling the truth. Then who did this?" He frowned and moved his fingers around the cut on my check.

I swallow the lump that was forming into my throat. Think Jass, think.

"Fiore!" Aman caress my check as he looks at my eyes, trying to figure me out and I stared at him. I stared at the handsome man in front me. And I am afraid now, more likely terrified. I am terrified of what is happening around me. Terrified of what I can do if I not keep my guard up always. I am terrified of falling in love with him.