Facing Death.

Truth is sharp like a knife, dangerous like a bullet and unpredictable like insanity, only brave can stand it and it can lead to death.

~ just some time ago, Albert and Stacy's house~

Mila's pov

I don't understand how or when Lucas stops crashing my head on the floor due to the unbearable level of pain, which makes me dizzy, but once he does I make my best to lift my head up, open my eyes and search for Nikki.

The gunshot keeps on ringing in my ears, even though I think that it has been few seconds since I listened to it and my heart has paralyzed from fear about her...

About Nikki!

"YOU BITCH!" Lucas roars, making my skin shudder and Mason screams from anger and...

Fear!?

I blink my eyes, struggling to get on my knees, and the first think I see is blood, my blood everywhere on the wooden floor. The sharp glass' pieces must have cut my flesh, but I don't have time to think about myself right now. Nikki needs me the most!

With her thought bombarding my mind, I manage to get motivated enough and I lift my head just on time. I see Lucas rushing to help Mason against Nikki, who is on top of him, but the worst part hasn't come... There is a knife between them and they fight for it with great mania.

"YOU. ARE. ALREADY. DEAD! DEAD!" Mason growls through his teeth, but Nikki doesn't seem affected, she is in her own world, she is extremely concentrated.

She has it on her right hand, but Mason holds her wrist tightly and tries to change the blade's direction and drive it into her chest and they hold each other's neck with their other free hand.

It looks that Nikki prevented Mason from shooting me with success and jumped on him the best moment. I can see the gun nowhere due to the furniture, but I mustn't lose time by thinking where it is.

Nikki needs my help against Mason and Lucas, who is now less than two meters away from them.

I stand up like a flash, a God knows how, ignoring the weakness I feel and run after Lucas. My heart starts beating again, my adrenaline reaches its peak and my wolf howls furiously, asking from me to get to her immediately, but Lucas is an obstacle. I have to get rid of him in any way there is. I reach too close behind him in no time and I prepare myself to jump on his back before he touches Nikki, who keeps on fighting Mason for the knife with an impressive strength, courage and braveness, when an idea pops in my mind.

"Don't rush so much!" I shout unconsciously, but he ignores me, in fact I don't think he listens to me, he is focused on Nikki.

My gaze lands on the small carpet under his feet and I decide to make a 'dive'. I fall down abruptly, extend both of my hands and grab the carpet's corner. Next I pull it back, towards me with every sign of strength I have been left with and I greet my teeth, ready for the asshole's violent downfall, which doesn't need more than a second to take place.

He falls on me like a stone, but I'm already on my knees and my body doesn't get shaken from his weight. I feel no pain this time, even though he is a massive, tall beast, and I lift my main body up, making him fall behind.

He collapses on the floor groaning, and I lock my eyes on Nikki and Mason while putting efforts to catch my breath. Nikki is still on top of him, unaffected from Lucas' threat, but Mason pushes her away from him by pressing her neck. The knife in her hand stops being as stable as before, since she has lost her breath because of Mason's pressure, and I scream her name horrified.