Introduction.

"Let go of your story so the universe can write a new one for you..."

Diana's (Iris') pov

"Come on guys! Ten more pushups and we are done!" I state in a loud, steady tone and cross my hands in front of my chest observing the 50 teenagers that are making their pushups on the training field.

"You killed them today... Don't you think you are too harsh with them and yourself?" Violet whispers standing some inches away from me.

I turn and look at her smirking and she narrows her eyes in annoyance making me chuckle. She is too kind and she never wants to pressure anyone which finds me completely opposite. Sometimes we have to pressure ourselves and the fighters or else in a rogues' attack we are done. We have a pack, our duty is to have everything under control and everyone strong and ready in any time. Our existence is related with the loyalty, the obedience and the fighting abilities, we can't follow our hearts all the time.

"They are 15-17 years old Violet. They can do it. We need them ready and strong, if we want them in a great condition for their first shift. They are the future fighters, it is necessary." I say and turn again to look the teenagers with most of them now standing on their feet done with the whole training.

"You speak like our fathers... No wonder why Luke made you the basic trainer of the entire pack... I agree with you at some point but sometimes you just need to relax a little bit." She replies and takes one step closer staring at me with wary.

"Your brother made me the basic trainer because I know how it feels like to be weak. I almost died when I shifted for the first time, I do not want this to happen to anyone. I want the same thing with him, everyone being strong and ready for anything." I say through my teeth and she sighs shaking her head disappointed.

"Beta, we are all done." One of the boys of the group speaks up and I nod in agreement.

"Yes, today you did better than last times. Well done everyone, you are free to leave. Relax and have some fun. See you again tomorrow." I state and they all bow and leave heading to the pack's houses on our left.

I sign for Violet to follow me back to the pack house and she quickly starts walking next to me in an unusual, awkward silence.

This is weird...

Violet is a moving noise, wherever she is, the chaos is certain but these days she is too silent. In fact it has been about one week since she is not that cheerful, happy and energetic but nervous, with bad mood and an annoying nagging.

I know her for about five years and this is the first time she is acting like this. We are two completely different characters but we became friends immediately. She is the Alpha's younger one and only sister and 20 years old, one year younger than me. Her parents, Carter and Leah had been the Alphas of the White Crystal Pack until four years ago when their son, Luke, took the Alpha's title from them.

So as I was saying she is really weird and she seems worried for a reason I do not know. The previous days I preferred not to ask and pressure her trying to be discreet but I can't see her like this anymore. I really want to help her.

"Violet what is wrong? You have been acting strangely for about a week now. You were never like this." I say worried and she sighs avoiding looking at me.

"Nothing, just thinking about the pack's companies you know... I have lots of work to do. Luke and my father are very strict. I do not know how they thought of me for the CEO's position." She replies after some seconds and I smile in sympathy.

I know it is difficult for her, we have been talking about it for some weeks now. Luke is too busy with the pack issues while I am too busy with the training, most of the orders for the supplies we need and the typical, not so serious discussions with the other packs. Our fathers try to help both of us when we have serious and too many things to take care of and her mother is mostly taking care of the pack house and the omegas as the typical, well experienced Luna she is. All these mean that Violet will have to be responsible for the companies under Luke's supervision and she is extremely nervous.