Royal Birthday...

They thought they could finally have a moment to confess their feelings to each other, but their enemy had other plans...

~about one week later, noon, palace~

Daniel's pov

I am done with the last button of my shirt and look myself in the mirror nervously.

I look well even though I am feeling weird suddenly...

Alright, this is it! Today it is the big day and I have mixed feelings, I think I am getting crazy!

I am worried yet excited at the same time and I am trembling, I won't even mention how much I am sweating although I have taken a cold bath and Devon is not as calm as I was expecting him to be!

What can I say?

All these days were very stressful and tiring for all of us and he is in tension all the time, tries to hide it and support me but his temper is not as it was some days ago! I can't blame him, I understand how he feels because I feel the exact same way and sometimes it is more difficult for me because I have to behave casually in front of Diana!

I don't want to worry her more and overwhelm her, she needs to be calm and after that nightmare with Morana about one week ago, she is not so cheerful! She is tired, I can see it in her eyes but she is dealing with it and I guess this gives me strength to face my worries and fears as well!

We are acting like one from that night, I mean more than before because these last two weeks things keep on getting better and better between us! We are supporting each other, we are close, we are not nervous when we are together, we like spending time alone and talking about a variety of things and our bond is stronger than ever!

She trusts me and I trust her, we are not so insecure and we are not rushing things, I still don't want to pressure her and she seems to be pleased with our progress.

And at this point I am sure you have lots of questions about what is happening with everything else, I mean that bastard and that bitch-witch. Well... No news till now but I am proud to say we are ready and when I say ready, I mean it!

All the warriors are strong and in alert all the time but I feel that something has changed, they are more confident than ever and this has to do with Diana and probably me. We are training them together and our friends are helping us very much, our fathers are more active than they were some days ago and we are supervising every team and the permanent warriors' training every day!

I won't lie to you, I am worried about Diana and the Kingdom and not about myself but at the same time I am confident because it is the first time we are all so united! My dad told me that this hadn't happened some years ago when he was fighting that asshole's father and do you know why?

Because now there is Diana and she is not the usual type of Queen, she is a warrior as well and we all feel stronger and more motivated than before! She is a very good supporter and she is encouraging everyone around her only with a smile or a nod, her eyes are constantly burning and she denies surrendering without a fight or...

A war!

Also, I am relieved she is sleeping every night and she has no nightmares! Her sleep is peaceful and she usually sleeps in my arms (I can see you smiling and smirking, calm down)! I am a gentleman, I promise and I know you are going to tell me that this is the problem now but before you call me a flinch or anything else, let me tell you why I am not taking things one step further.

Well...

Today it's her birthday, she is turning 22 and I had my plan from the beginning, from that night we came back from the club and she told me all those things that made me realize I was behaving wrong! I was not stable because I thought she only hated me and I was distant because I was scared but that night I listened to her, I talked with my parents (I am sure you remember) and I made my plan!