"One Last Chance..."

"I am giving you one last chance..."

~next morning, palace~

Diana's pov

"Miss Diana..."

I turn around and bury myself better under the covers.

What is it again?

"Miss Diana... It is time for breakfast! I brought you everything from your previous bedroom..." the same female's soft voice says.

I groan and move again with my eyes still closed.

Who is she?

I sit up in annoyance and try to open my eyes as the light is too annoying for me right now. I blink them some times and when I get used to it I find a woman around her 55's standing next to me with a big, warm smile on her face. She has long, chocolate brown hair, her eyes are big light honey, her skin is pale and seems very smooth, she has some more curves that look beautiful on her and she is wearing a simple, light grey dress that stops a bit after her knees.

Do I know her?

No!

"Good morning Miss Diana. I am Martha, your personal maid from now on. I will clean your room, bring you everything you need and help you get dressed or in anything else you want me to." She says warmly in an impressing enthusiasm yet adoration and if I may say...

She is touched?!

I gain my thoughts again and clear my throat nervously. I never asked for a made, I mean I hate it!

This is the asshole's idea for sure...

"Good morning Martha. Thank you very much but I can handle everything on my own. You don't need to..."

"Oh, no sweetheart! This is Daniel's order and we both have to do as he says!" she interrupts me quickly.

Alright...

She called him Daniel and me... Sweetheart!?

Does she have an important role or something?

"Um... I am pretty aware that this is his idea but I am doing fine on my own, really. Thank you for bringing me my things and luggage but I will talk to Daniel about it and you won't have any problem." I reply getting up slowly.

And yes, I am still wearing my clothes, I didn't have my pajamas or anything else last night. And I hate Daniel even more now, I have bearably slept and do you know why? Because I was smelling him all night and I was a chicken! I didn't dare to break the door because the guards would have taken me to him in his room!

He is going to pay for this, I promise! The man is driving me crazy!

"Diana..." Martha begins and I give her a confused look.

She is not calling me 'Miss' anymore... Something is happening here.

"I am Daniel's personal maid or better his nanny since the day he was born. He trusts me blindly, I am the only one that he allows to get in his room, I am the one that knows everything about him, the one that is not scared of him. I have him like a son and he has me like his second mother. I know you are mad at him and you don't need my help but if you go against him again he is going to react really badly and no one wants this to happen. I will be discreet, I promise, just don't create a fight from nowhere this time." She continues and I sit again on my bed tapping it for her to join me.

I am sure I have the silliest expression there is, my mouth is open, I am speechless and now everything make sense.

She can do anything she wants, she is telling the truth so I can see the point in everything!