Dreams VS Reality...

"And when your past decides to come back again and you have to face it you realize that it is strongly bonded to your present and future as well. So... Maybe it is a sign..."

~about eight days later, late at night, palace~

Daniel’s pov

~dream~

I don’t know how much time I am walking in the quite dark forest without really knowing where I am going.

I can’t even use my sensitive senses and Devon is too silent but still present in my mind. I have never been in this place again, this is the only thing for sure and the sun is soon going to disappear making even more difficult for me to find my way and get out of the forest.

I have constantly a bad feeling and I do not know why. It is like I am waiting for something, I am afraid but I have no clue what is going to happen. My heart hurts a bit, I am breathing almost normally with lots of efforts and I am sweating like never before.

I think I have the typical signs a very nervous and scared person has but I have no reason to feel like this.

Except if…

No!

She is alright, I am sure, nothing can have happened to her. The last hours I can’t stop thinking of her and I am dying in agony even if I know that she is strong and she can deal with anything.

But can I be 100% sure?

I mean, I am not with her, she is alone, she can’t shift, she is away, she can’t inform us, she is exposed.

Iris…

Today she left for the surviving test and this time she has to be alone for two days deep inside the forest at the mountains. She has the special bracelet and we can see her location but we can’t be sure she is alright until she comes back in more than 24 hours from now.

Please don’t tell me that she is hurt. I will get crazy if anything happens to her…

I can’t stop thinking what I read in her file. This is what is killing me more… She is alone in the forest just like the day her father found her and also like…

Diana was found.

Yes, I am thinking both of them. I don’t know why but after Iris left Diana came in my mind out of nowhere and I am feeling worse than ever for both of them, I feel guilty.

It is the first time I feel close to regret rejecting Diana. I remembered what my parents and friends told me about three weeks ago at the meeting and I read Aiden’s file earlier. I had the need to know what happened to Diana and now I feel responsible for everything. She died because of me, her parents said it clearly, her Alpha said it, she was found dead from rogues some kilometers away from her pack’s territory.

She was…

I don’t even want to remember the description of her body and face, I can’t bare it, it is too much.

Everything because of me, she was hurt and wanted to disappear from embarrassment and pain for what I did. She was sensitive, I read it, I saw it that day in her eyes while she was crying.

Everything is my fault.

And then is Iris…

I already knew her story, I had read it the first day she came and after she left I can’t stop thinking about it.

The word ‘forest’ is what scares me. In a forest Diana was found dead and in a forest Iris was found bearably breathing from her father. Now Iris is in a forest alone and the thoughts are killing me.