What Everyone Deserves...

Trust life's timing, because everyone gets what they deserve in the end.

~at the same time, some kilometers away, deep in the forest~

Nikki's pov

He makes two big steps backwards, obviously dizzy from my tight hold, and I find the opportunity to take a break and catch back my lost breath.

I have lost counting, I don't know which time this is...

The exact same thing happens all the time since we stopped on the top of this quite rocky hill. We fight each other with anything we have and after a while we stop, but only for few seconds, because then a new round begins and every time it gets wilder, more cruel and intense.

I put great efforts to fill my lungs with oxygen, but never take my eyes off Lucas' black wolf.

The bastard is strong, I have to admit that he is a difficult opponent, but he isn't better than me. Under different circumstances, I mean if I wasn't pregnant and didn't have to worry about my pup's safety, I would finish the job no matter what, but now I can't.

I am extremely careful. Just one mistake, even one bite or powerful hit could cost my baby's life and I don't want to risk it. That's why I can't fight Lucas the way I want to, I need to be absolutely sure that nothing with happen to it, that's what a good mother would do.

I haven't stopped attacking him again and again, but he is clever and strong. He always finds a way to push me off of him and then he either attacks me or stops to rest, but he doesn't run away.

No... He did it once, but he denies repeating it.

I growl, showing him my teeth when he seems to recover again, and Natalia narrows her eyes, still in my mind. You see, I'm in lead until now, because I am saving her for later in case she has to continue in my place.

"I wonder how your mate is going to react when I send your pieces to him..." Lucas says provokingly through mind-link and a deep growl escapes me, with my anger rising.

The asshole wants me to lose my temper, attack him recklessly and make a mistake, but he is fooling himself. Nobody can play with my mind successfully, not anymore. I had done this mistake many times in the past, while I was getting trained. Back then I had paid the cost, but this won't happen again, I won't make mistake.

"And I have many ideas about what to do with your body once I kill you." I reply back in the same tone, and he steps forward, closer on his limits.

Be my guest, Lambert!

"YOU. ARE. DEAD!" he roars furiously, failing to scare me and I smirk, beginning to make a circle around him.

"After you..." I state purposely and he does it.

He attacks, again!

The two meters that separate us and the second he needs to close our distance give me more than enough time to get ready for him. I lower my body once he jumps on me with his paws widely pushed towards my shoulders and on the right and left of my neck, but when he is less than a meter from me, I blast off like rocket.

My paws meet violently with his and the sudden jolt sends new waves of mixed sentiments all over my body, but I don't have time to feel, I just think.

The force with which I jumped gives me the advantage of taking him down and it doesn't pass one moment until his body gets crashed on the rocky, uneven ground with mine on top of it. Lucas' wolf lets out a loud, painful cry, struggling to get me off of him, but I am fast and I prevent him. He tries to reach my neck and bite me, he does his best to set his front legs free from my paws' steady pressure and push me back, but I prevent his every move and immobilize him by exercising more pressure.