Tensions And Instincts.

Never ignore your very first instinct just because you are afraid of it, it is never wrong...

~next morning, palace~

Diana's pov

He comes from behind and kisses the crock of my neck.

He looks at me through the mirror, I blush and leave my head fall to the left in order to give him full access. His low groan from arousal makes me smile and I purr when he wraps his strong hands around my waist. I place mine on his and touch my back on his hard chest and keep my eyes open to continue staring at us like this.

The truth is I admire how perfect we are and how happy we look now. Things get better and better for us this almost one and half day since we marked each other and mated. Our life is like a fairytale to me, although our problems are not solved yet and we have to find my mom the sooner, catch Mason and Lucas, kill them without second thought, help Nikki and Landon and move on all together like a family.

Daniel eases everything, he has this 'gift' as my mate, everything is brighter when I have him by my side and I know for sure the same thing happens to him with me, but Daniel does more than I do. He has taken everything in his hands and it's surprising I don't feel bad about it. Don't get me wrong, I mean that the 'old' Diana wanted to have the first and last word all the time, because she couldn't trust the others that much, but Daniel changed that completely. He is a true King, he has transformed, well no, I didn't say it correctly. I mean that Daniel accepted to become the great man he was born to be and he always had it inside him, but he needed a reason to do so and I guess I'm this reason and it's an honor.

He made my heart melt last day, his plan worked, Preston accepted to join our side and told us about where Mason and Lucas were with my mother few days ago and our best men and trusted trackers with Adam, Elena and Caroline's are going to be in Northern Alaska in few hours from now. That's the sooner they can be there, because we had sent many teams in few places at the same time before we know the exact location. I hope we find them and they are still there, because according to Preston, my mother is in great danger and we must hurry.

"Are you alright, love?" Daniel whispers with his face still buried in my neck, but his eyes locked on me.

I am turning pale due to these thoughts, so no wonder why he asks me and he is quite worried. My mood changed in less than a second and my eyes reveal how scared I'm. I can't hide anything from him and his observational look.

I smile weakly and give his hands a gentle squeeze while he pulls his head back, rests his jaw on my shoulder and exhales heavily in understanding. He already knows, we discussed about it last night in the tub and this is a different and amazing story, because we had bath together after our dinner and it was very romantic.

We filled the tub with hot water, got inside, hugged each other, relaxed and talked for a while, but soon... Our mood changed and we ended up making love in the tub and we didn't stop there, because we continued on our bed for few more hours. It was just amazing, honestly and I love trying new things with Daniel!

"We will find her, baby. You'll see, she will be here too soon, I feel it." He whispers and rubs my stomach with a soft, reassuring smile on his face.

"Thank you, my love. I hope you are right, but it isn't so simple." I mutter while my sudden guilt appears and Destiny moves awkwardly in my mind with great concern.

My mind goes straight to her, the news she told us, his bad outburst, her pain and intense sobs and I curse myself for not being with her, not running after him to talk to him and try to help.