Stormy...

Storms make trees take deeper roots, they don't last forever and are the proof that even sky screams sometimes too.

~about two hours later, early at night, Northern Alaska, Albert's house~

Nikki's pov

I try to catch my breath, but I can't.

Although it has been about half an hour since I arrived at Albert's house with Mila unconscious on my back, I still can't calm down.

My body burns, my lungs exhale fire, my heartbeat's noise echoes in my head and everything revolves around me. I have thrown up two times already and I took a very quick, hot bath after Albert almost forced me to. And now I have wore clean, warm clothes, I have brushed and tied up my quite wet hair and I haven't gotten out of the bathroom yet, because the truth is I can't walk, I feel great weakness.

I don't understand if what is happening is true, in my own imagination or just a dream, and if it's a dream, if it is a good one or a nightmare, but it is intense and I can't believe it, not yet, it's too much!

Mila... I found Mila and the man I saw earlier was Lucas Lambert, Alice's 'father'...

SHIT!

I exhale heavily and lift my head to look at myself through the mirror. The bathroom is very dark, the only light comes from a big candle on the counter in front of me and my idol looks wilder, more exhausted, extremely pale and my shadow behind me is tall, it's like a ghost.

I look deep into my eyes and my heart screams in pain for an unknown reason, a reason I can't explain. Everything inside me is sore, I don't know how I feel and my body struggles to come back to normal, but it's very hard for me, it is pointless. My dark blue eyes seem to be two big, black holes ready to eat me and Natalia groans in frustration.

She took control when I saw that the woman was Mila, because I got paralyzed from fear and she took Mila on our back, took our clothes in order to leave no trails behind us and run back to Albert's. We had to take a different path, because we wanted to keep big distance from the previous path and especially, stay as far away as possible from where we saw Lucas and it took us more time to get here. We were running for about one and half hour and we were very lucky, because the weather got worse the moment Albert and Stacy took Mila inside and I followed them, because a bad storm took the slight rain's place.

The thunderbolts fall very close to the house, they shake the ground, I feel their power in my bones and the heavy raindrops' noise is echoing, that's the only thing I can hear until now except from my strong heartbeat.

I bite my lower lip when my eyes tingle from the sudden tears that build up and I place both of my hands on my lower stomach. My skin shudders in my baby's thought and I caress my flat stomach with both of my shaky hands.

I came straight into the lion's den and realizing the danger is terrifying me, but not for myself. I'm freaking out about my baby, Albert, Stacy, Mila and all the others. I want to keep everyone safe, I must do that and deep inside me I know I can make it, but it's difficult and the conditions doesn't help me at all, in fact they make it harder for me.

We have no electricity, we can't get out, because of the storm and the lack of vision, I can't open my phone, because we are scared of the thunderbolts and we are locked in the house with too low lights from few candles, because we must be careful. Lucas and Mason could be close, we don't know where they are right now, there is no doubt they want to find Mila at any cost and kill her and Lucas saw me, so what if...

FUCK! NO, DAMN IT! NO!'

Lucas met Landon when he had accompanied Diana in that meeting they had at Dom's, he smelled him, he knows his scent and I have Landon's scent, because he marked me! This means that if Lucas has a good memory...