One Breath Away.

Heaven and hell are one breath away, but when there is true love, unite and hope, heaven is the only option.

~too early in the morning, palace, meeting room~

Diana's pov

I observe all of them while they take their seats around the long table in silence and Daniel gives my right hand a soft squeeze.

The atmosphere in the big, formal meeting room is heavy, the silence echoes in my head, the slightest sound of any chair is enough to make my skin shiver, and the tired, worried and heartbroken expressions I see on my beloveds' faces are like stubs in my already aching heart.

It is too early in the morning, just few hours after realization hit us, but it's still dark outside and the first sunbeams will make their appearance in a while.

Nobody has slept tonight, nobody has stopped freaking out about Nikki, nobody has left for any reason and nobody can stand what exactly takes place. Nobody except one specific person, my one and only, Daniel!

He is our rock, he keeps on having everything in his own hands and stands tall like the great and strong King he is, supporting all of us and especially Landon, my father and me. I don't know what we would do, if he wasn't here and I am impressed of how self-collected and calm he is, it is unbelievable.

Okay, I admit that he has no other choice, as all of us are a mess and first of all Landon, who can't stand waiting and a God knows how it came and he hasn't killed anyone yet. Next is Rosa, who had an intense crisis and Robert made her a sedative injection, then comes my father, who lost his temper after the news about where Nikki has to be, and in the end it's me, the guilty, stupid woman.

All the others are wrecks as well, but not that much or they deal with it more successfully.

Before I continue to explain what happened all night long, how each and every one of us is and what is taking place right now, I think I have to tell you that this night was a real hell for us and everyone else in the palace. The news about where Nikki could be brought the upside down even for the servants, since Nikki is much loved and everybody got worried about her, and also, Landon is completely out of control and even the last person in the palace is terrified of him and his pure rage. At this point I have to say that we couldn't hide for more the common location about where Nikki and my mother, Mason and Lucas have to be, so everybody knows that the key is Northern Alaska, so you understand...

Anyway... Let's continue, shall we?

So, the family was gathered in the private living room under Daniel's order once I told to him and Landon that Albert is Nikki's friend and lives in Northern Alaska, and as you can imagine the reactions weren't so helpful.

Rosa passed out during the announcement about our fear that maybe Nikki's life could be in danger, so Milton had to take her to hospital and later, when she woke up, she had the crisis I mentioned before and Robert had no other choice, but make her the sedative injection. I think that she is still sleeping, and Milton is constantly on her side, because Daniel assured him that we would inform him for any news and we would do anything we could to find out anything useful which could lead us straight to Nikki. Also, Iris is with Susan (yes, the ex-rogue), Thomas' mate, who was very kind to stay with her all night long and take care of her, and Martha promised to help in anything she needs.

In addition, the guys, Andrea, Peyton, Hunter and Hunter were quite shocked and unprepared about the news, since we hadn't told them about Mason's location, the one Preston had told us and they got scared about Nikki and the baby.