"Important To Me!"

When they first met, they had no idea they were gonna be this important to each other!

~next day, late in the morning, forest~

Destiny's pov

"Run Destiny, faster! Win him!" Diana yells in agony while jumping like a bunny in my mind and I laugh.

"Don't you know I have my plans?" I ask her wickedly and she stops, freezes and smirks in understanding.

"Of course you do... Do whatever you want but don't lose!" she murmurs and I nod speeding up a bit more.

I am excited with the turn things have taken to be honest... The asshole is a big surprise for me and he kept his word and now here we are, running in the forest with Devon and heading to his favorite place somewhere north.

I have to admit that the little asshole (Devon is the big one because I have forgiven nothing to him till now, at least completely) is doing better than I had thought with no help from Devon and me! I had never imagined this transformation but I can't deny I am happy about it! He seems to have understood what I had said and this is a small proof he really cares and has regretted everything.

He is not the problem anymore and my girl is pain on my ass...

Diana proved to be more difficult than me and I kind of understand her but again she is more scared and hesitant than I was expecting her to be.

She has really fallen in love, now I am sure and she doesn't want to seem weak or desperate, she is trying to stay away from him because the last thing she wants is to get hurt again and she is such a stubborn yet proud woman that doesn't listen so easily...

If it weren't Gideon and Elena then she wouldn't have gotten closer to Daniel last night and she would have been suffering more but I am glad she found the courage to approach him without my help.

And the result was more than pleasing, I will tell you everything but don't tell her because I promised I won't interfere!

So, they did sleep on the same bed, Diana was really nervous at the beginning, she was worried Daniel would touch her too much (like he hasn't you know, stupid girl), it took her more than two hours to fall asleep but she saw no nightmares and her sleep was deep and peaceful for the first time after lots of years (well, no, it was the first time she slept so well in her entire life). All these because of Daniel's scent and his perfect behavior!

I mean it, really, he did nothing inappropriate because I was awake all night long, I had my ears perked and the man didn't touch her because he didn't want to put her in difficult situation! He didn't sleep at all, he was just lying on his side while observing her, Devon communicated with me, he was emotional trying to support Daniel that was melting and when my lady moved to him instinctually in her sleep he pulled a bit away.

Maybe he didn't want to overwhelm her in her sleep and wake her up, maybe he was scared he wouldn't manage to stay away from her longer, maybe he is in pain because he still can't touch her the way he wants, maybe he doesn't feel so free, maybe he is worried she won't like and she is going to react badly or maybe all these together...