Howls And Gunshot.

The wolf howled, the gunshot echoed in her head and then she took the smell of death...

~about one day later, too early in the morning, somewhere in Northern Alaska~

Mason's pov

"Shoot only in case you are certain. We have only two for each one of us." I say abruptly and hand him the second gun.

Lucas shakes his head bored, not even willing to reply or show me his annoyance, and then takes the gun. I put mine in my bag in hurry and give one last look around me. I want to make sure that I have forgotten nothing, because I want everything perfect this time, I deny failing, not again, it's not acceptable.

I want this story to end today, with me the winner, and I think that I will make it this time, since nothing is the same with all the others.

It's the first time that I have such an opportunity. I mean...

It isn't only Mila, but someone else from the opposite team, the doctor... These two won't be a problem for Lucas and me. They are just two weak, stupid, helpless and unprotected women, so it won't be such a big deal for us to get separated and try to find them and then...

Kill them slowly and torturously!

Many things pass from my mind this one day we are staying in the cave due to the bad storm. I have made many scenarios about them, I have thought even the slightest detail for each one of them, but...

There is one inner voice inside me that it's worried!

I don't know why I feel this way. Lucas tells me that I am pessimistic, still crazy in love with Mila and not so willing to kill Aiden (if he is still alive) and Diana, and I deny admitting it, but the truth is that I love Mila and our kids deeply, I always did.

I always wanted to find my mate, and Mila became my world immediately. She was the most important person for me, it wasn't difficult for me to fall in love with her, trust her and give her anything I could, show her my love and loyalty and make a family with her. She had everything I wanted, she loved me, she was caring, sweet, calm and supportive, although later I found out that I was wrong about everything, especially the last one.

When Aiden came in our life, my dream about having a family came true and I was proud of having a son, him. He was an amazing kid, smart, strong, confident even from the first moment that he was born and very energetic, but I had one more wish, to have a daughter.

I wanted someone like Mila, because Mila was the best woman on earth for me, so I was dreaming of having a daughter like her. And my dream took shape soon, but later I realized that it was a curse.

I can't lie, I adored Diana, I think I still do, she is a part of me, my own child, but her real identity, I mean her becoming the Queen goes against my greatest dream.

The dream to become King!

She made everything... Much harder!

Don't get me wrong, I never wanted to become King only for myself, I wanted it for my family too. I was dreaming of the day I would step back and Aiden would take my place as the werewolves' King and Diana would be on his side safe and sound with a luxurious, peaceful life. I wanted all these power and fame for them and Mila, and then for me.

Finding out that Diana was going to be Daniel's mate was the most painful hit. It changed everything and I had to decide, and so I did. I decided to not step back because of that small detail, of Daniel.

I realized that he was my real problem, not Diana. I mean, I could weaken and kill him when the right time would come, that's why I wanted him to reject Diana and I came up with a whole plan about accomplishing it. I did nothing without thinking about it and it was very hard and difficult for me, but in the end I made it, he did reject her.