Too "Close"...

"They both need to find the right distance between them... Too close and they both get overwhelmed, too far and he feels lost without her while she feels safe but in reality she is half without him..."

Daniel's pov

I follow her weak scent in the long, main corridor that leads to the back side of the garden but somewhere after I have walked about the half of it the scent suddenly stops.

Where is she?

How could she disappear like this?

After I talked with Ellie I began walking around the hall to find her but she was nowhere to be found and in the end I spotted Hunter but alone so I decided to leave the ball's hall and follow her scent after I caught it.

I just can't understand why she hates me so much!

The only thing I did was to ask her have a dance with me and she just run away like I have a disease or something. She is avoiding me with no reason at all. If she has any problem then why isn't she telling me? I do not eat people and if she is still mad at me about what happened some days ago with the attacks then she can talk to me about it, I am more than willing to listen to her.

It just hurts like hell to know that she has a problem with me and doesn't allow us to deal with it and get it solved.

I stop walking where her scent stops and look around me searching for the smallest clue to which direction she went but nothing seems abnormal and how could it be when it is just a simple corridor?

It is pointless, if Iris doesn't want me to find her then I won't no matter how I try...

"Daniel!"

I instantly turn around to see Caroline walking to me in hurry with a nervous expression on her face and I instinctually stiffen worried. I know her for my whole life, I can read her face and body language, something happened...

"Caroline what is it? Why are you here?" I ask shortly and take some steps to her.

We reach each other some seconds later and stop with about ten inches separating us. I look deeply into her big eyes and she gives me a forced, awkward smile that doesn't help me at all. I am a mess because of Iris' disappearance and now she makes me worse.

"Are you alright?" I ask her again more impatient than before and she shakes her head timidly.

"I am honey but... I want to tell you something I happened to see and you need to deal with." She replies and takes my right hand in hers.

"You are scaring me... Is it serious?" I ask breathless and she shakes her head negatively.

"Some minutes ago I was witness of a fight that Samantha had with... Iris, the fighter we saw..." she says calmly and I instinctually start shaking.

I fucking knew it! Samantha is too jealous to act appropriately, not that she knows generally what this means but...

Damn it! I should have already killed her.

"Find this slut!" my wolf roars and I take a deep breath trying not to make any stupidity in front of Caroline.

"What did she do to Iris?" I ask through my teeth and my hands turn into fists.

"Daniel, calm down. The fighter is more than alright. How can Samantha hurt a woman like Iris? She just... Um... She was demanding from Iris to bow and threw wine on her dress... I appeared the moment Samantha tried to slap Iris but she had already stopped her." She explains quickly and I let out a loud, angry growl.