Tension...

"And they were too same and too different at the same time, too strong and stubborn, too smart and brave, difficult personalities with no fear and enemies they didn't know with an uncertain future in front of them..."

~next morning, palace, hospital~

Diana's pov

"Baby..." his soft angelic voice whispers and my heart instantly starts beating faster.

He is here!

My love is here!

My Gray!

I look around me quickly searching for him but the white clouds are too thick and I can't distinguish anything.

Wait!

Where am I?

It's like I am in...

No way, fuck...

"Diana I can listen to you! Watch your mouth!" he says strictly with the familiar dominance in his voice and I lower my head like he is right in front of me.

Damn it!

He was always so appropriate but now he seems to be worse!

"I can still listen to you and I am right in front of you!" he states once more and I lift my head up shocked to find him...

Two meters away from me!

"Gray..." I whisper breathless and tears begin building up blurring my vision.

My heart breaks in his view and I start shaking instinctually.

He looks... So...

Relieved, happy, complete!

His beautiful face is shining and he is wearing white, it's the first time I see him in total white and he is so pretty! His big brown eyes are filled with a warmth I had years to see, his hair is perfect stylized as always and his skin looks so perfect and soft!

"Oh... Gray!" I cry out and try to move and go to him but I can't!

It's like I am stuck, paralyzed and my feet don't obey me.

"Baby... Listen to me because we do not have so much time..." he says softly making me look at him panicked.

"No! I do not want to go, I can't leave you again! I want to stay with you, I... Gray, I had to die in your place, you left me alone and now I can't do it, everything it's my fault and..." I start screaming scared of staying without him again but he raises his right hand and cuts me off immediately.

"Diana, try to calm down and listen. What happened to me wasn't your fault, I was careless, I couldn't let you die because I was out of control. Nothing was your fault and I am sorry because you are still suffering for what I did! The fault is mine! I... I love you and I am sorry for not being there for you when you needed me the most! You are doing a great job all these years, I am the proudest man there is, I knew you could make it and... I am here to warn you!" he says with a painful yet apologetic expression I had never seen him with until now.

"Gray, I..."

"No, please Diana. I need to tell you some things!" he cuts me off and takes one step closer.

"I know you are in pain my love, I know you are still fighting to forget but sometimes we don't need to forget but forgive and trust again... Whom you are going to forgive and trust is up to you and I am not going to tell you what to do. All I want you to know is that you are in the middle of the storm even if you do not know it and I should have been worried but... From now on I am not because you are strong and there is someone that will do anything to protect you, he loves you and I am relieved!" he says with a heartbreaking voice smiling melancholically and some tears fall from his eyes.