She Is Diana...

"They are both brave and strong and broken all at once and now it is about time for the truth to come to the light..."

~palace~

Diana's (Iris') pov

I get in the palace timidly looking around me quite nervously.

I do not want to fall on someone and this someone as most of you know is the asshole I am trying to avoid and get rid of all the time, Daniel.

It is already time for breakfast and I am not going to attend it even now anyway because firstly I am not that hungry, secondly the more I stay away from him the better and thirdly I am still wearing the short, narrow black dress, the heels and my hair is wet because I was in the waterfall and I jumped in the lake.

So, the good news is that this really helped me but the bad news is that a storm is coming because suddenly lots of clouds are gathered, the sky is almost black now and the wind is strong, cold and wild and if I need a run again later then I am not sure I will be able to go.

Okay, you will have to stay in with the guys Diana but this also means that the asshole can be close to you quite easily and you won't have anywhere to go in order to avoid him.

Shit!

Even in the thought I want to punch someone and then vomit.

Anyway, surprisingly no one is walking around so I quickly walk to the stairs to go to my room when a familiar scent hits my nose and I listen to some low sobs. I instantly open my eyes and stop before I set my foot on the first stair and look around me. I spot a small corner at the end of the long corridor with a big vase hiding it quite well and smirk.

I guess I found her...

Libby!

I walk quickly to her side and pass the long corridor in no time. I love kids and especially this one because we have spent some time together the last two weeks and generally she is very cheerful so I am worried. The worst thing for me is to listen to kids crying or sobbing, it just breaks my heart, they are a gift and our future, so vulnerable and humble and the last thing we want is them suffering for any damn reason.

I stop walking so fast gradually as I get closer to her and the sobs stop for some seconds with some sniffles following. Destiny perks her ears being more over touched than me and I clear my throat discreetly.

"Is there any princess that cries?" I ask gently from behind the vase some steps away from her and the next second the response comes.

"Iris!"

She jumps up and rushes to me with puffy eyes and wet cheeks and I open my arms to hug her. She buries herself in my embrace and I smile weakly, she is almost shaking...

"What happened princess? Who made you cry?"

"My best friend, Annie..." she whispers and stiffens in my arms without lifting her head up to look at me.

"Oh... I see... Do you want to talk about it?" I ask her softly and I understand that she nods.

"Okay then. We will go to my room, alright? I want to give you something I bought for you some days ago." I say as I stand up with her in my arms and she finally lifts her head to look at me with an excited expression that makes my heart melt.

I told her the truth to be honest. I bought her something when we went for shopping with the girls but I had forgotten about it with everything that is happening and now that I saw her I remembered it.

"Really? For me?" she asks me immediately and I nod as I turn and walk again to the stairs.

"What is it?" she asks next with an impatience that makes me giggle.