Introductions [chapter 3]

There was an hour until you had to go inside the camp area and stand to let the commander see everybody. You weren't too excited, especially if you had to talk in front of everyone, but you just had to push through.

Marlin said I should be more playful, so should I be flirty? Maybe just seem sly. Yeah, that's probably what he meant. Should I seem like I have a big ego. I could, but I might come off as overly-confident. This is so confusing. Stupid Marlin. You should've at least told me what you meant, now I'm stuck here trying to figure this out. Ughh.

"Whatever," you rolled your eyes playfully. You took out Marlin's pocket watch, giving it one good look before putting it back in your pocket, as you needed to start lining up.

//Timeskip//

"Who are you!" the commander yelled at someone that stood about two rows in front of you. The guy did the pledge before stating his name and where he was from.

Then things went downhill. The commander locked eyes with you, and then started making his way towards you. You were wearing a playful smirk, and your eyes showed no sign of fear, sadness, or even regret.

"What's your name. You seem cocky with the way you look," the commander said rather calmly to you.

"y/n l/n, from Shiganshina, pleasure to meet you," you said in a cheery tone, doing the pledge as you said so. Then there was whispering, I mean it was expected considering where you were from.

"Why do you look so happy, did you see any titans?" the commander asked.

"Yes I did. As a matter of fact, I saw my mom and my only friend get eaten right in front of my face," you said, not letting your demeanor falter once.

"If you saw that happen, why aren't you sad at all," the commander asked backing away from you a little, seeming a little scared.

"Well that's because, for some strange reason, I don't get sad easily," you said with a shrug, "Plus it happened two years ago."

"You're insane," the commander whispered.

"I get told that a lot," you whispered back, a slight smirk forming on your face.

Without another word, he moved on. You knew you were going to get questions after you were all dismissed, so you had brace yourself for that the whole time you were standing.

Eventually the dreadful dinner came. You were amongst the first people to get food, and as soon as you did you immediately sat down in a corner. It was darker compared to the rest of the cafeteria, and you were fine with that since you didn't want attention. You ate in silence until somebody started asking other kids from Shiganshina about the titans.

"Was the Colossal Titan as big as they say it was?" someone asked, and they got a response from the kid.

This kid I'm talking about was kind of attractive, and rather intriguing. He had medium-length, dark brown hair. Piercing green eyes, a not very muscular build, and he wasn't tall but he wasn't short either.

"Hey you, didn't you say your from Shiganshina too?" a random girl asked you, but you were too busy eating to realize she was talking to you. You eventually looked up, but that was only because the room got rather quiet. Everyone was looking at you.

"Yeah," you replied, putting up your "playful" attitude.

"So did you see them too? The Colossal and the Armored?" the person who ratted me out before asked.

"Well no shit," you replied with an eye roll as you turned your attention back to your food.

"Were they scary?" someone else questioned, not getting the memo that you just wanted to eat.

You let out a sigh before answering, "Personally, I wasn't scared, but that's because things don't faze me easily. You can probably tell considering I smiled when talking about my friend and my mom getting eaten in front of my eyes. If you were to come across them though, that's a different story. You would probably piss your pants then go crying back to your mommy," you said, saying exactly everything that was on your mind.

"No need to be so rude," you heard Marlin's voice say.

Wait, Marlin?! Where is he. Isn't he dead?

You looked around the room like a crazy person, hoping that Marlin might actually be there, but sadly he wasn't.

Oh, it was just an illusion my mind created. I think I'm actually going crazy.

"Your name's y/n, right?" a guy or girl with long blonde hair for a boy, or short blonde hair for a girl, asked.

"Yup," you replied popping the 'p'.

"Cool, my name's Armin. The guy that's getting all the attention over there, yeah that's my friend Eren. Anyways, do you want to maybe be friends? It's fine if you don't, you just seemed a little lonely," Armin trailed off as he looked at you with his blue eyes.

"Um, sure," you answered, afraid he might leave you just like everyone else.

"Do you want to meet Eren and my other friend, Mikasa?" he asked.

"I guess," you replied with a shrug.

He stood up from where he was sitting, which was right across from you, and walked around the table. He grabbed your had, and then started pulling you to where, you assumed, his friends were.

"Wait Eren, Mikasa!" Armin shouted at two people who were exiting the cafeteria. One of them turned around, seeming to have just finished a conversation with the other.

"Oh hey Armin," a beautiful girl with long black hair replied to the blonde. The other person of the two turned to look at his friend who had called out to him.

"Hi Mikasa, Eren. I want to introduce you to someone," Armin said as he approached the two.

The male was the one that was in the center of attention earlier, and the girl was right next to him when he did have all the attention on him. She was quite, and didn't seem affected in any way when people were surrounding her.

"This is y/n! Mikasa is the one in the left and Eren is the one in the right, but you probably were already able to guess that," Armin chirped, releasing your hand to rub the back of his neck sheepishly as he ended his sentence.

"Nice to meet you, y/n," a Eren said as he gave me a slight smile.

"Same here," you replied with the playfulness on full display. (Mikasa's gonna burst a blood vessel if y'all keep on all ing like that...)

"Yeah, nice to meet you. Do you want to walk with us to our beds?" Mikasa asked. (ik she seems so ooc but just lemme do whatever i want😠)

"Um, ok," you said rather quietly, forgetting that you had to put up your act.

You all started walking, Armin and Eren walking in front while they talked about something, and you and Mikasa lagging behind them a little, not saying a word to each other. You observed her, while she watched her two friends in front of her talk.

She seems interesting...