Experiments [chapter 26]

"Alright Eren, you get to stay in that creepy well until you turn into a titan, and if you can't do that then sucks to be you," you yelled down to the boy that was currently at the bottom of the mentioned well, ready to do the experiments that Hange had set.

"Thanks for boosting my confidence!" Eren yelled back sarcastically, to which you chuckled before stepping away from the well.

You walked over to where Levi and Hange were, them waiting to see what happens. Erwin couldn't attend since he had other things to do, probably just some paperwork.

"Why is he taking so long~" you whined from beside your two superiors who were wondering the same thing. He had been at the bottom of the well for about three minutes now, but nothing seemed to have happened.

"Should we check on him?" Hange asked with her brows furrowed.

"That brat screwed it up," Levi groaned, trying to hide the slight worry in his eyes. In truth, he was afraid the boy did something that could leave permanent damage.

"Maybe he died!" you chirped as you ran towards the well, trying your best to also conceal your actual emotions.

"You ok?!" Hange asked Eren as she approached the well.

In the bottom of the well stood Eren, but not the one you left there. He had blood all over his mouth and hand. He obviously tried more than once, causing him to look like a vampire or cannibal.

"Do you think that's enough for today?" you asked Levi and Hange, the worry showing through a little more.

"That's probably for the best," Hange replied, never once taking her eyes off the boy.

"You're done for today, brat!" Levi yelled down to the brunette with blood covering him.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Eren pleaded as if his life depended on it.

"It's fine, this was the first time! I'm sure you'll get it eventually!" you yelled back while getting the rope to pull him up.

After Eren was out of the dirty well, he was taken to the infirmary so he didn't get infected and so he could get his hand wrapped. You assisted him on his journey to said place, taking worried glances at him every few seconds.

"I messed up," Eren sighed.

"It's not that bad, this was only the first day," you tried to cheer him up.

"I know, but I can't help but feel like a failure," he replied as the two of you reached the doors of the infirmary.

"It's fine to feel like that, but you need to get over it because you still have many chances to get this thing down," you replied.

"You're right," Eren said with a slight smile, letting the nurse clean out his wounds and put bandages over them.

"Ready to go?" you asked the boy who stood up from his seat after getting his hand completely wrapped.

"Yeah," Eren replied as he held the door open for you to walk through.

"What a gentleman," you said with a smile before walking out of the door and to where Hange and Levi would be, still outside and near the experiment site.

You were right, the two of them sat at a table probably talking about today's events and what possibly made it go wrong. At another table sat the rest of the Levi squad, talking about whatever. You and Eren approached the two squad captains, wanting their feedback.

"We back," you said as you threw up a peace sign.

"Do you know what I maybe did wrong?" Eren asked with his head down to avoid eye contact.

"We're not quite sure yet, but I'm sure we will soon," Hange replied with a smile.

"There's tea at the squad's table," Levi informed the two of you.

"Thanks," you said with a nod while leading the boy to the table.

"Want some tea?" Petra asked the two of you.

"Sure," you replied while sitting down with Eren who only nodded.

"Here you go," Petra said as she handed the two of you tea.

You were in thought, wondering how Eren's attempt didn't work this time but it did the last three times. Did he do anything differently?

You were just thinking, but that was cut short when you saw Eren drop his spoon and go to pick it up, a light emitting from him when he did. It was exactly the same light as when he transformed those two times in front of you.

Wait.

"Shit!" you yelled as you tried to get out of the way so you didn't get injured.

The poor boy accidentally turned into half a titan, trapping your foot in the titan on accident. Everybody was immediately on edge, looking at the brunette like he was a monster.

"Help me! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to," Eren pleaded once again, looking around to see the squads blades raised towards him.

"What are you?"

"Are you human?"

"Yes, he's a human! Now get my damn foot out of here," you yelled as you struggled to release your foot from the titans body.

"I'm so sorry y/n!" Eren yelled upon seeing your struggling figure.

"It's fine, I just you to throw me my dagger!" you yelled back to the boy who had taken your dagger over breakfast since you were already threatening someone that early.

"I can't, my hands are stuck!" he yelled back, frantically trying to remove his hands out of the titan.

"Get away from it," Oluo said to you, his blades still raised.

"..."

"Did you not hear me? One, my foot is tuck. Two, Eren is not an it, he's a male," you replied as you gave up on trying to remove your foot. "Now can you help me? My foot feels like it's gonna burn off."

sorry i have to make this chapter short. i have 3 essays due soon and i need to finish them