Mission: Get Eren Back [chapter 36]

"They see me rolling~" you sung as you swung through the trees, hot and Reiner, Bertold, Ymir, and Eren's tails.

They tried to make their escape after kidnapping Christa, leading you to follow them to who knows where.

"Mikasa, wanna race to see who can get to Reiner first?" you asked as the two of you made it to the exit of the forest, pretty close to Reiner and the others.

Mikasa looked over at you, "I'm gonna win."

And just like that, the two of you raced.

Mikasa was right, she got there first, but upon arriving at them, she looked through Reiner's hand where Eren and Bertold were being stored. The glare she gave then would have killed you instantly, but yours would do the same to her as you also had an intense glare.

"Surprise shawty!" you yelled into Reiner's hand, causing Eren to smile at your familiar voice.

"Give Eren back," Mikasa cut right to the chase as your other friends also landed on Reiner.

"Hello, I have come to retrieve my husband. Now, we can do this the easy way and you simply give Eren back. Or we can do this the hard way, and you continue to try and take Eren while I beat you into a bloody pulp," you said with a dry smile.

"I can't do that!" Bertold replied.

"Hard way it is," you replied as you started cutting the areas around the armor, causing it to fall off.

It was a slow process, so it wouldn't work if Reiner was actually fighting instead of trying to run away, but it would work for right now.

"You're taking too long, and we don't have time for that," Jean criticized.

"Well I don't see you doing anythi-" you started but then realized the amount of titans running towards you, "How are we going to escape?"

"We have a plan y/n," Armin told you as Mikasa managed to get Eren out.

Some stuff happened that was kinda a blur and now you were stuck in a field with Mikasa and Eren as you watched Reiner throw titans in a desperate attempt to stop Eren from getting away.

"Whoosh," you said as you watched a titan fly over your head, laughing a little when it landed flat on it's face.

"Not the time y/n!" Eren yelled as he noticed a titan coming closer to the three of you.

Then some more stuff happened and one of Eren's friends got eaten, but it's all good because Eren controlled the titans or something and made them eat the titan that killed his mom and friend. Fun stuff.

//Timeskip because i'm blanking out on what exactly happened after this but i'm too lazy to rewatch this part of the show//

You were currently in the hospital, once again helping to tend to wounds. There were many casualties, but that can only be expected from a mission that risky.

You were rushing around the hospital, wrapping people in bandages and giving people medicine. It was hectic, but you were done within an hour, so you made your way to Erwin's room when you were given the go.

"Hello," you said gently as you entered the room where Erwin was on the hospital bed, Levi and Hange there to keep him company.

"Oh, hello y/n. This is a nice surprise," Erwin said as his eyes landed on your figure that stood in the door way, "Come in."

"Sorry about the whole hand thing," you apologized while looking at the arm that no longer had a hand.

"That's not really your fault though. I was being a bit reckless," Erwin responded.

"Sure, but I could have been a little more serious with this mission," you replied while sitting down in an open chair next to Hange.

"y/n, it's fine," Erwin smiled at you.

"Ok," you muttered while looking down at your hands, guilt consuming you. For what reason? That was still unknown to even yourself.

"Oi, brat! Stop mopping around, it's hard to see you like this especially when you're always so carefree," Levi said, catching your attention.

"Sorry," you muttered before slapping your hands on the side of you cheeks in hopes of getting yourself out of your sad faze.

Levi simply 'tsk'ed you.

"Anyways, I just wanted to check up on you, but I think I'm gonna head to bed. It's been a long day and there's a slight ringing in my ear," you commented as you stood up from the chair.

"Ok, good night!" Hange called as you exited the room.

"I hope she is actually doing fine, I really worry for her sometimes," Levi said under his breath as he watched you leave down the hallway.

double update today since this chapter didn't even reach 800 words when it usually is in the 1000 range. also how about some surprise angst?😏

hue hue hue...